• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 63 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
danjo007 said:
lol- you're a sad little boy arent you. cant wait to PM you when your world goes pearshaped.

meh. If it weren't for goss I'd probably support his claim.

I guess they'd send something like this.
Davis
Dean
Gerrans
Goss
Lancaster
McEwen
Meyer, C
O’Grady
Weening

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

Davis
Dean
Gerrans
Goss
Lancaster
McEwen
Meyer, C
O’Grady
Weening

Like noted I doubt Meyer will be in the team and McEwen is not supposed to be doing a full season just some early races. Doubt he will be there, if he does a GT I would think the Giro. I would think and hope Albasini would be in the team. Sulzburger might get a place, I certainly would consider him.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
It's not that bad, BMC last year were worse :rolleyes:

(Then again they were only Pro Conti)

They at least had guys who could ride for classification in stage races and had a very good classics team. GreenEdge has many sprinters but that is it.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

Davis
Dean
Gerrans
Goss
Lancaster
McEwen
Meyer, C
O’Grady
Weening
Maybe, but too many sprinters, not enough engine room. Especially for a shot at Maillot Vert.

More like:

Goss
Gerrans
O'Grady
Weening
Langeveld
Albasini/Sulzberger
Dean/Lancaster
C Meyer
Cooke (or Bobridge)

May 25, 2010
Visit site
They have a great sprinters teams and a good classics team and you say that is worse to BMC who had a great GC "team" and a good classics team? :rolleyes:

At least GE can offer something to this race. They should win a stage with Goss and Goss could realistically target the green jersey. They can also have good breakaway riders. Bobridge could win the short prologue.

Goss
Gerrans
O 'Grady
Lancaster/Dean/Davis ( whoever can lead out best/ still contribute on strong man finishes )
Langeveld
Albasini
Clarke
Bobridge/Meyer Whoever might want to do the TDF before the Olympics.
Weening/ Sulzberger/( Cooke if they want another hard man option/ good puller )

( Wish we had Hayman and/or Sutton )

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
C. Meyer and Bobridge won't do the Tour. Maybe the Giro but it'll be 100% for the Olympic Track events. They've got plenty of Tours in them but this is their best bet for Olympics.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I think they are worth a tour invite, I'd say goss is the next best sprinter in the world right now and could provide real competition for the green jersey and for that aim there are more than enough domestiques. Your other options for tour invites are no name doomed breakaway riders, like europcar.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Tuarts said:
They have a great sprinters teams and a good classics team and you say that is worse to BMC who had a great GC "team" and a good classics team? :rolleyes:

Again your reading skills let you down. With guys like Evans and Morabito or Evans on his own is a team good for gc at races. Then you have Ballan, Hincapie, Burghardt, etc which are clearly greater than Langeveld (atm), O'Grady & the rest of their classics team. I didn't say they had a great sprints team. They have Goss who is a quality sprinter but I still don't think he is up there with Farrar, Greipel, Cav or Kittel in speed. Goss is clearly their best sprinter in a stacked sprinter team then you will struggle as a team. It is obvious that GE will get more wins next year than BMC did last year but that is because the type of teams they are different.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Again your reading skills let you down. With guys like Evans and Morabito or Evans on his own is a team good for gc at races. Then you have Ballan, Hincapie, Burghardt, etc which are clearly greater than Langeveld (atm), O'Grady & the rest of their classics team. I didn't say they had a great sprints team. They have Goss who is a quality sprinter but I still don't think he is up there with Farrar, Greipel, Cav or Kittel in speed. Goss is clearly their best sprinter in a stacked sprinter team then you will struggle as a team. It is obvious that GE will get more wins next year than BMC did last year but that is because the type of teams they are different.

**** off. How about you read for a change...and actually digest what people are season. Apart from Evans, in 2010 who did BMC have that did anything in a classic? No one, none of those you mentioned got any result so I think its a fair comparison. If they will get more wins because of having a sprinting team then they are surely great at sprinting? A fine example. Actually, you know what, I'm sick or trying to have discussions with you, not worth the time, I'm joining your ignore fan club. :rolleyes:

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
They at least had guys who could ride for classification in stage races and had a very good classics team. GreenEdge has many sprinters but that is it.

It was really evans + cobbles support with no leader.

GE have a stronger depth team then bmc had.

of course evans alone nearly betters all of greenedge. :eek:

theyoungest said:
Depends. Goss vs. Greipel, personally I'd invite Goss.

Neither of the teams has a guy who can play a role on GC in this Tour. Both teams have some reasonably apt stage hunters.

wait didn't JVDB sign for them?
Unless you are refering to the course then yeah I guess.

--whats the word on durbridge?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
Ehm, Ballan? If he's not a cobbles leader then I don't know what you want in a leader. He was 4th in MSR, 12th in RVV (in the final break) and 6th in Roubaix.

meh, he rarely looked convincing. I was never convinced, and his cricumstances made it a difficult situation.

Ballan certainly has ability but is riding under a black cloud of late. With some late withdrawals from races he must be suffering with his confidence and possibly even from having adequate team support. This is only my "feel" but I sense in the limited interviews I see with BMC that there isn't a true feeling of support to him as a leader.

I have been a supporter of Allan Davis in this thread and certainly consider that even though he has been touted to be "over the hill" or past his best, he has had similar results to Ballan in a team that has seemed to give him very little support or responsibility....possibly why his best results have been in National teams. I am going to watch my own little contest next year...Ballan vs Davis.

TRENDING THREADS