• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 65 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
It's a disgrace if those kangaroos will get the ProTour license without any demonstration of their abilities as a team. Yes, I know the rules and conventions by which those licenses are appropriated and they are disgraceful aswell.

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
WT-status with 10+ sprinters and 0 great climbers?

World Cup, ProTour...now it's the end of the WorldTour.

EDIT: Even Footon-Servetto had a more balanced squad :O

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Of course they will, Fat Pat likes them (i.e. has been donated a villa on the Gold Coast). That's all you need.

Exactly. Really disappointing. If it was a quality squad, I would wish them all the best. But frankly, it's really poor given the amount of 'planning' that has supposedly gone into the team.

luckyboy said:
Hey, has anyone got details of the length of contracts for the GreenEdge riders? On their site press releases it just says 'for 2012' for every guy.

I'm guessing they won't have many long contracts since they don't even know for sure if they'll be WT and they don't have a main sponsor yet. Some of the main names will probably have the standard 2 year contracts but I would think they would have as many as agree to it on one year contracts at least to start with.

ingsve said:
I'm guessing they won't have many long contracts since they don't even know for sure if they'll be WT and they don't have a main sponsor yet. Some of the main names will probably have the standard 2 year contracts but I would think they would have as many as agree to it on one year contracts at least to start with.

Yeah I've found a few of them, but I'm trying to get info on every potential WorldTour team's contracts to make a big database for next season's transfer period.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Americain had a strong showing today. If he can get over the line on the 1st, the same day Green Edge gets their WT status, maybe Ryan will celebrate and get Menchov... just buy Davis out of his contract or something.

I think GreenEdge will need a sprinter like Black Caviar to do something next year!:D

Not a big surprise Amercain won today, conditions suited him and he was pretty much unbackable favourite.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Americain had a strong showing today. If he can get over the line on the 1st, the same day Green Edge gets their WT status, maybe Ryan will celebrate and get Menchov... just buy Davis out of his contract or something.

They wont touch the dirty Russian with a 1000 ft pole.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
JRanton said:
Yup, assuming that Kruopis wasn't lying when he was quoted as saying he'll be with GreenEdge next year. There's still some doubt over whether or not Tekle will count as a neo-pro next year (might be too old). If he doesn't count then the final two spots have to be filled with neo-pro's. Hepburn and Durbridge most likely.

according to cyclingfever hepburn and durbridge have signed.

http://www.cyclingfever.com/transfers.html

nothing on thier site or twitter tho.

"The series should mark the debut appearance for the GreenEdge project which will learn next month if the outfit will become Australia's first awarded a UCI ProTour licence. Cyclingnews understands that the squad will race as two separate teams for the four criteriums. However, the GreenEdge kit is unlikely to be the same as what will be worn throughout the season, with that due to be officially unveiled on the eve of the Tour Down Under mid-January."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/not...orner-cut-from-2012-jayco-bay-cycling-classic

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
pastronef said:
"The series should mark the debut appearance for the GreenEdge project which will learn next month if the outfit will become Australia's first awarded a UCI ProTour licence. Cyclingnews understands that the squad will race as two separate teams for the four criteriums. However, the GreenEdge kit is unlikely to be the same as what will be worn throughout the season, with that due to be officially unveiled on the eve of the Tour Down Under mid-January."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/not...orner-cut-from-2012-jayco-bay-cycling-classic

Maybe they are hoping to pick up a sponsor or two in the interim?