• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 73 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arndt-headlines-greenedge-ais-womens-team

Ive already said this on twitter but im calling BS on the "NEW" greenedge women team.

It isnt a new team, Greenedge AIS, is just Jayco AIS rebadged. THeyve brought across two of the four remaining riders, the technical director is the same person.

Its great that they have taken the domestic team up to international level and used the publicity surrounding greenedge to boost the profile of the women.. But please dont try and make out that you are creating a new team when you arent.

Have seen a comment on Twitter saying the Jayco AIS team will still exist

May 25, 2010
Visit site
pastronef said:
shame on the GE management!

more than 1 week and still not ONE SINGLE picture from the training camp

jersey unveiled at the TDU (so they race 15 days with another one :rolleyes: )

worst than SKY in 2010, when they did not race the australian nationals, and waited the TDU
at least we had some pictures, like Flecha, Barry and others, still with their Rabo and HTC jersey, riding their new Dogmas in Girona

look at Radio-Leopard, they posted the pictures on the first day!

ozcycling
Will post pics soon from GreenEDGE training camp and will see what we can do with our video for next week. Possible news package Wednesday.

So Wednesday either being today or in a weeks time. Thought it was pretty clear myself...

May 25, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arndt-headlines-greenedge-ais-womens-team

Ive already said this on twitter but im calling BS on the "NEW" greenedge women team.

It isnt a new team, Greenedge AIS, is just Jayco AIS rebadged. THeyve brought across two of the four remaining riders, the technical director is the same person.

Its great that they have taken the domestic team up to international level and used the publicity surrounding greenedge to boost the profile of the women.. But please dont try and make out that you are creating a new team when you arent.

You're calling BS because of speculation on your part the the Jayco Women's team is a re-branding of a team you only THINK is not continueing? Sounds like you're leaping to conclusions like a... :rolleyes:

Thought you mentioned it was 2/5 riders before?

Anyway to me, this next passage from the press release indicates that the team will be there:

Cycling Australia CEO, Graham Fredericks, says he’s excited the project has come to fruition.

“Cycling Australia is proud to be involved in this joint venture that is part of our overall strategy to develop women’s cycling,” said Mr Fredericks.
“The team will have access to the very best resources and support within a professional structure thanks to the cooperation of the three key partners,” he said. “We want this team to set the standard for international women’s cycling while we continue to develop the National Road Series as the breeding ground for talented female cyclists.”

I am happy that they have got the licence. They have a team that can go well at sprints and one day races ( QS of next year ). They do however need to look down the track to acquire a GC rider ( probably Porte ) and a naming sponsor.

Who cares about the wording of the press release about the Women's team. At least GE are doing something to contribute unlike Sky. They have also got a good team.

pastronef said:
more than 1 week and still not ONE SINGLE picture from the training camp

jersey unveiled at the TDU (so they race 15 days with another one :rolleyes: )

worst than SKY in 2010, when they did not race the australian nationals, and waited the TDU
at least we had some pictures, like Flecha, Barry and others, still with their Rabo and HTC jersey, riding their new Dogmas in Girona

look at Radio-Leopard, they posted the pictures on the first day!

There is a picture of them in todays' SMH. PG 21

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Fair play for having a womens team. Tho' surely it's a teeny but risky given that as yet there are no sponsors in the pipeline?

Perhaps this is why the team only received a 2yr licence. Maybe it will all be shortlived..?

A

Anonymous

daveinzambia said:
Have seen a comment on Twitter saying the Jayco AIS team will still exist

well then thats good if so. jaycoais havnt said anything yet themselves. of the five girls this year on jayco, 2 go to greenedge, and 2 are going to other teams, so hopefully they have some new young ones to bring through.

its still not really a new team ;)

May 25, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
well then thats good if so. jaycoais havnt said anything yet themselves. of the five girls this year on jayco, 2 go to greenedge, and 2 are going to other teams, so hopefully they have some new young ones to bring through.

its still not really a new team ;)

So by that logic Quickstep are just the re-incarnation HTC because they have most of those riders? There's no reason to presume this is a rebranding. Looking at the teams specifically and not who's sponsoring them, their completely different. One is AIS/CA run team and one is a joint venture between the GE project and the AIS. Noticeably different, at least to me.

Keep banging the drum your banging if you like but it's just making you look stupid.

"You saw it here first"

More important than the money from Subaru is that GE is coming at us on multiple fronts

Race 7 - 10. GREENEDGE MICHAEL & WAYNE & JOHN HAWKES
REECE WHEELER Barrier 1
55.5kg (8st 10lb)

11 Dec 11 BENALLA Race 07 - 04:43 1400m - Barooga Sports Club Hcp (68)

With all the positives around them these last two weeks I am going to have a little tipple on this horse in only its second run. With me backing it though it is unlikely to win, so I advise others not to back it :)

May 25, 2010
Visit site
24vo8yt.jpg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
That's a serious photo, looks like they're all heading into a court hearing, or maybe they're going into a team meeting to draw straws on who gets to win and podium at the Bay Crits, Nationals, etc.

auscyclefan94 said:
http://twitter.com/#!/CyclingiQ/status/145380666077478912/photo/1

Interesting tweet. GreenEdge riders and staff out number fans at team presentation today in Melbourne CBD. I hadn't heard anything about it and I don't know anyone that has heard anything about it either. Badly publicised.:mad:

There was nothing on the website or twitter was there?

Obviously they don't have the EDGE in marketing.

Perhaps a little hurried, time was at a premium with the GreenEdge team's next appointment at the home of Australian music industry identity, Molly Meldrum, where curiously a team song was to be recorded. Still under wraps, the song is believed to be a re-working of a Tom Petty tune.

I dread to think what this team song they are recording will be like. Has any other team done something like that in the past?

Tom Petty's not a bad choice though if they're gonna cover a song. I wonder which song though - Breakdown? Even the Losers? or maybe Yer So Bad? :D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
There was nothing on the website or twitter was there?

Obviously they don't have the EDGE in marketing.
It is a shame because if they marketed it many people including myself would of gone down and had a look. Shame :(
Leadbelly said:
I dread to think what this team song they are recording will be like. Has any other team done something like that in the past?

Tom Petty's not a bad choice though if they're gonna cover a song. I wonder which song though - Breakdown? Even the Losers? or maybe Yer So Bad? :D

Having a team song is certainly interesting. I guess it is not surprising considering that the major football codes team's have team songs. The Aus Cricket team also has a team song that they sing after each test which is not something that is common in Cricket.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Looks a bit of a shambolic presentation that. No one there, and some of the riders had branded polo shirts - most didn't.

What the hell do they pay NYGAARD for? :confused:

Looked more like gay boy sun glasses advert than a team presentation :)

TRENDING THREADS