• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 79 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
42x16ss said:
A lot of them are already here for training camps. Surely the team could get one or two of them to hang around and get their names and faces known amongst the main fanbase.

most of the team is expected to be around for the team launch at the tdu.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
clipperton said:
me, though it's fair to say that i'm drawing some pretty long bows. from varying sources i've heard that it's an asian comapny and also to expect the team to be wearing red. hardly narrows it down too much i know but for an asian company with a global presence they fit.

Well if it is HSBC bank then they clearly will be wearing red, black and white.

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
McEwen I don't think will be leading anyone out. He doesn't suit the role with his kick anyway.

I'd say it will be Bobridge and O'Grady driving, then Howard to lead out Goss. McEwen will be lurking either on Goss's wheel to stop trailers, or wherever he sees fit to best make an impact.

Meyer and Gerrans will be chasing GC up the hill.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Just got back from a twilight crit with both McEwen and Michael Albasini present. Albasini won and the commissaire had to put on a lame Italian/French accent when pronouncing Albasini's name.

A

Anonymous

Andy99 said:
Interesting to see greenedge have been registered as an Italian team by the UCI. (inrng on twitter)

its been confirmed as a UCI mess up, greenedge have requested it changing.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
It's like their whole goal for this 3 year squad is to rival HTC in the trains and hope one of Bobridge or Meyer suddenly grows wings up a mountain in 2013. Some diversity, please. Even just 2 "climbers" next season would be a start.

Wonder how closely GE are watching young Caleb Ewan, doesn't he have some talent. Was thereabouts in Jayco series 1 and then took out race 2 against some really quick riders. Seems a nice genuine kid as well http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/video/2173342411/caleb-ewan-interview

Alby takes the lead after his second in race 2. I know it is early but I think like discussed earlier in this thread that he is up for a very good season despite the doomsayers who have him past it.

Tuarts said:
It's like their whole goal for this 3 year squad is to rival HTC in the trains and hope one of Bobridge or Meyer suddenly grows wings up a mountain in 2013. Some diversity, please. Even just 2 "climbers" next season would be a start.

I don't think that wil happen for either Meyer or Bobridge. However i think Impey might be good on the climbs.

I agree that Davis is in for a good year.

Surely he can't do it again

It is all happening at Ballarat for GE, including run number 3 for the two time winner. Surely he can't win 3 in a row and no form at all on good tracks. I am on the bandwagon, so let's see if I can increase the winnings from his second run. Jockey is Dwayne Dunn

05 Jan 12 BALLARAT Race 05 - 05:15 1400m - Greenedge Cycling Hcp (72)
[LR: 21 days]

Wins Pl Starts: 2 (100.0%) - 0 (0.0%) - 2
WPS Last 12 mths: no starts
Good Tracks: no starts
Dead Tracks: 1 (100.0%) - 0 (0.0%) - 1
Slow Tracks: 1 (100.0%) - 0 (0.0%) - 1

May 25, 2010
Visit site
A horse called Greenedge in a race called the Greenedge Hcp? Hmm...

greenedge said:
I don't think that wil happen for either Meyer or Bobridge. However i think Impey might be good on the climbs.

I agree that Davis is in for a good year.

2013+ will see Meyer and Bobridge improve on their climbing, I mean its what the whole team is being engineered around. Regardless of what you think their potential will be there will be some improvement there, even if its to be the 50th dropped on Zoncolan instead of 180th...

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Important sponsor for Greenedge, maybe someone should have a chat with the Subaru marketing department....

_dsc2613_600.jpg

May 27, 2010
Visit site
greenedge said:
He would not last on his own though.

Note the sarcasm dude.

I'm not so sure though. He had no team support at bay crits as his whole team were a bunch of 16-17-18 year olds who were just having a go. He might not be able to handle the distance but he looked after himself well enough against 9 GE riders and made them look stupid. In the future he will be a monster

TRENDING THREADS