• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 84 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Nearly said:
It seems to work on Firefox OK (and with great potential if still work in progress) but with Explorer it is a disaster. Last time I looked IE had a fair slice of the market unfortunately.

Yes it is a shocking website where nothing works. Something really needs to be done.

Why isn't a website quality the same across all servers?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Yes it is a shocking website where nothing works. Something really needs to be done.

Why isn't a website quality the same across all servers?

Because some web designers make sites look bad on purpose on different web browsers in order to lure them to Internet Explorer for example. Microsoft sites on Firefox aren't the best combination for example. I myself use Google Chrome because my internet is just a lot faster there than on IE.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Because some web designers make sites look bad on purpose on different web browsers in order to lure them to Internet Explorer for example. Microsoft sites on Firefox aren't the best combination for example. I myself use Google Chrome because my internet is just a lot faster there than on IE.
Ok, thanks. I just looked at the site on Safari and it seems to work but even so it is a really crappy website which is all over the place.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Goss is racing in Oman.

OMAN

Aidis Kruopis
Baden Cooke
Jens Mouris
Matthew Goss
Mitchell Docker
Sebastian Langeveld
Stuart O’Grady
Travis Meyer

QATAR

Aidis Kruopis
Baden Cooke
Jens Mouris
Mitchell Docker
Robbie McEwen
Sebastian Langeveld
Svein Tuft
Travis Meyer

Tuarts said:
Goss is racing in Oman.

OMAN

Aidis Kruopis
Baden Cooke
Jens Mouris
Matthew Goss
Mitchell Docker
Sebastian Langeveld
Stuart O’Grady
Travis Meyer

QATAR

Aidis Kruopis
Baden Cooke
Jens Mouris
Mitchell Docker
Robbie McEwen
Sebastian Langeveld
Svein Tuft
Travis Meyer
Real potential for an exceptional sprint train there.

Unless Mitchell Docker has made a fantastic recovery from his crash it would be hard to see him doing either of those races. It does seem that the two months out for a broken jaw(early prediction) may be better news if it is only a fractured cheekbone. With a fractured hand and cheekbone you would think he will be out for a while still. Can't seem to find an update after Jan 23rd.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Ok, thanks. I just looked at the site on Safari and it seems to work but even so it is a really crappy website which is all over the place.

Just checked the site again - using IE it is still a dog's breakfast. As I am using a work PC which needs to use IE (and, sadly, only IE), I suspect I will not be trying again as I have seen no specific advice or encouragement that it ever will work on that browser.

Great to see a win at the TDU though!

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Got my $77 membership package today, like I said, I was just buying the Tshirt.

I expected more than a Made in Bangladesh $2 Tshirt. Disgraceful, it`ll be a car rag in a month. I can live with the rest of the rubbish being made in China.

The Green Edge Cap, the stitching is all over the joint the peak is split and the "free cycling cap" the stripe is crooked and only half sewn on and it does not fit on any head I have tried and I tried 10 at work.

I assume 20% commission to the joint doing the merchandising, lets give then $10, $10 worth of goods, = $50 to Green Edge + GST I reckon.

Kinda like a very poor overpriced Show Bag.

Great win to Luke Durbridge in only his 3rd pro race and coming off a track program. Also must have arrived somewhat disappointed not to make the 4000 team pursuit team with two of his GE team mates. His win was set up with the time trial win but defending it was not easy with only two team mates left in the race. I think it is best summed up by team director Lionel Marie;

Sports Director Lionel Marie, who oversaw the small squad’s victory, shared this sentiment.

“It makes me happy to see the riders so happy, and I’m very proud to be part of this win,” said Marie. “It’s really amazing to realize that with only three guys -- one in his first race of the season, one who is still learning and one who is having knee problems -- we were able to pull off a win. Daniel has such big potential, and he is learning more every day. Pieter was the guy that held everyone together. Luke is a class act They each went out and did what they needed to every day to secure this win.”

Still quite a few GE knockers around the forum but the pendulum is swinging a bit now after a pretty successful March. Unfortunate injuries to Julian Dean, Sebastian Langeveld (was looking great) and earlier Mitch Docker added to World Cup and Olympic preps for Meyer, Howard, Bobridge and Hepburn adds up and credit to the team and directors for still being so competitive.

Surely a win is just around the corner for Alby. Leigh Howard was interviewed last night at the World Cup track champs before he goes out to defend his Madison World Championship with Cam Meyer. He said that Sunday will be his last ever race on the track and he will then become a "full time" road rider. Watch for him to do something special later in the year.

Not sure what is coming tonight from them in P/R, Howard in his interview suggested that since losing Langeveld it leaves them with numerous alternatives. I am hoping Cooke is the man with the legs and can have a strong race.

GE have been going so well, its just a pity that Langveld crashed because he could have finished with that Ballan, Pozzato and Ballan group.
Durbridge, Albasini, other Time-triallists ( Tuft ) and Gerrans have gone really well- i hope GE can do well at P-R by attacking/ maybe setting Cooke up to follow Boonen/ Hushovd ( though he probably can't ).

I am happy that Howard will be off the track for 2 reasons.

1. for CQ he has only got me 5 points out of 211.
2. For GE he can get some results at smaller races and help Davis/ Goss more considering Dean is out.

greenedge said:
GE have been going so well, its just a pity that Langveld crashed because he could have finished with that Ballan, Pozzato and Ballan group.
Durbridge, Albasini, other Time-triallists ( Tuft ) and Gerrans have gone really well- i hope GE can do well at P-R by attacking/ maybe setting Cooke up to follow Boonen/ Hushovd ( though he probably can't ).

I am happy that Howard will be off the track for 2 reasons.

1. for CQ he has only got me 5 points out of 211.
2. For GE he can get some results at smaller races and help Davis/ Goss more considering Dean is out.
Greenedge have certainly punched above their weight so far this season. It seems that they are doing it by being as smart as possible with the resources they have and directing all their energy towards classics and stages they know they have a chance to win.

The mystery rider for them might be Jens Keukeleire, he seems to be up on the speed of late but I am with you and hoping Cooke can mix it. He stayed with that select Boonen/Cancarella group in Qatar before puncturing near the finish and finished second to Sagan in Oman. Of course they have a past winner in O'Grady who is humming along as well as ever.

It will also be great to see McEwan back racing at the Tour of Turkey soon and hopefully he can end a brilliant career with one or more stage wins at Turkey and Tour of California in his last ever professional race.

Nice result on the track tonight as well for the GE/Aussie boys with gold and silver. Hepburn just pips Bobridge (reigning World Champ) in the final of the 4000m individual pursuit in a great race. Could be some more time trialling strength coming up after the Olympics when these boys join Durbridge, Meyer, Tuft et al later in the year.

Libertine Seguros said:
Some of it rings true, some of it is egregious over-praise of a team that still has far to go.

They have done better so far than most people expected. Much better than some of the so called elite teams. They will get found out in the grand tours I think. That is where the younger riders will struggle but they could still get stage wins with Goss and Gerrans. So far so good for GreenEdge.

mickkk said:
Got my $77 membership package today, like I said, I was just buying the Tshirt.

I expected more than a Made in Bangladesh $2 Tshirt. Disgraceful, it`ll be a car rag in a month. I can live with the rest of the rubbish being made in China.

The Green Edge Cap, the stitching is all over the joint the peak is split and the "free cycling cap" the stripe is crooked and only half sewn on and it does not fit on any head I have tried and I tried 10 at work.

I assume 20% commission to the joint doing the merchandising, lets give then $10, $10 worth of goods, = $50 to Green Edge + GST I reckon.

Kinda like a very poor overpriced Show Bag.

Sounds typical of the crapola that's peddled these days.