• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 87 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I agree that Goss to Stage 13 is the obvious move....does that mean he takes Lancaster with him? It would seem that if the Lancaster/Goss combo is successful throughout Turkey and into the Giro, that he will go with him to the TdF and join up with old pursuit buddies like Stuey. Do others agree or think that Lancaster will stay for the whole Giro?

Does anyone know what is happening with Kroupis? He was looking good early on in the Middle East and then had an injury I think....only lasted two stages in Turkey and he is out.....sick.....injured...??

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
What is the best line up for a Greenedge leadout?

Are they strong enough to pull the last 10km like HTC? I honestly don't think they are strong enough to pull from further than about 3km except against weakish competition, or if every other team lets them.

Goss is clearly the number 1 sprinter, but who is the last to swing off? Howard? Dean?. Who is 3rd last? Lancaster, Cooke?

simo1733 said:
Not much Green about Orica I wouldn't think.

Whatever gives you the edge...

Giro jersey:

525916_374888662563002_168474856537718_1039035_1730913991_n.jpg

I have to say i'm annoyed they have associated themselves with such a company ( especially one that has been in the press for the wrong reasons as of late ).

My opinion might change about the company ( at least they are sponsoring events rather than not ).

Hopefully though this can sustain the team and give Australia a stable WT team.

greenedge said:
I have to say i'm annoyed they have associated themselves with such a company ( especially one that has been in the press for the wrong reasons as of late ).

My opinion might change about the company ( at least they are sponsoring events rather than not ).

Hopefully though this can sustain the team and give Australia a stable WT team.
And that's why they decided to sponsor a cycling team, a team called Greenedge no less. See, it has worked already.

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
simo1733 said:
Not much Green about Orica I wouldn't think.

That's why it is a perfect fit... Orica have a vehicle through which to improve their Public image... and GreenEDGE have the money required to run a cycling team...

THAT'S HOW SPONSORSHIP WORKS!

its not like theres a plethora of Australian companies crawling over each other to sponsor an Aussie cycling team. You've gotta take what you can get and Orica are likely to be a more sustainable sponsor than many other companies

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'd never heard of Orica before today but that sounds like a very nice deal.

As much as I dislike the idea of these national teams this is definitely a win for them.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Much less, don't know the exact figures now but now GE will have much more money than Sky in the cycling. Will try to get them from dave. But Sky placed around 4/5th in the peleton in terms of budget this year.

Jersey looks a bit mehhhh again.

Orica_GreenEdge12.jpg

that's just a last minute design. the announcement is too close with the Giro start.
as they said, a new jersey will be presented from the Tour de France onwards.

just have to see how will they deal with the blue-green clash (even if team NetApp are alredy mixing well green and blue together)

TRENDING THREADS