• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hangover cures

I know they are not supposed to exist!

But I can guarantee you this one works. A chopped jalapeno (seeds and pith included), a chopped garlic clove, 2 small tomatoes chopped. Fry up for a few minutes and simply add in 2 eggs and scramble.

You can thank me later.

Me and Birra Moretti can now say Happy Xmas and I'm looking forward to an afternoon of sport rather than dying on the sofa :)

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Nice lager beer. Break two eggs into it. Chug it down.
Menudo and beer
your local version of a tripe stew and beer.
liquids,liquids liquids
morphine works very well (no beer)
sweating and beer
hookers and blow (not cost effective) beer optional

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
pacing ? my norm - no faster than 4-5 oz of wine per 1/2 h. and i can down a bottle most nights...

when off my pace, a chemical that helps rather quickly is strong coffee. also sauna sweating whenever i am near it. and i find a moderate exercise helpful.

Eating a big meal with plenty of fats and carbs in advance plus chugging water like it's going out of style whilst drinking will help out massively. If that failed, recovery drinks with electrolytes and salts will help speed out the recovery, but no miracle cure..

Re:

42x16ss said:
An early morning beach swim/surf, followed by a hamburger with the lot and an afternoon snooze if necessary. Works a treat every time :D

+1 you can't beat a swim at a nice beach

and if you get dumped by a wave you quickly forget all about your hangover.

for me a good strong ride normally gets rid of a mild-decent hangover.

but if it's really severe and I can't get on the bike a decent plate of bacon and a nap on the couch while watching "Where Eagles Dare" starring Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood sorts me out.

Re:

ebandit said:
....................monday pm in the uk while many work............the footy is on...my choice a large glenmorangie..can

of stella................repeat for the ...2nd half....later match ......what's a hangover? i remember now...something

wor lass grumbles about........

Mark L
Were we separated at birth?;)

How about "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"?

Or to paraphrase a famous saying, anyone under 30 who hasn't been drunk hasn't lived fully; anyone over 30 who continues to get drunk isn't going to live fully.

And if that doesn't work, every time you get drunk, think about how you're helping raise health insurance costs for everyone.

Rant over.

Re:

Merckx index said:
How about "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"?

Or to paraphrase a famous saying, anyone under 30 who hasn't been drunk hasn't lived fully; anyone over 30 who continues to get drunk isn't going to live fully.

And if that doesn't work, every time you get drunk, think about how you're helping raise health insurance costs for everyone.

Rant over.
More of a preach than a rant. Cheers. Over 30 and still on a 2 week drunk. Still, I pay my own health insurance, that OK with you?

Re:

42x16ss said:
Drink a litre of water before going to bed.
make it cordial or an electrolyte drink/berocca, and you'll be doing far better
using this to wash down some vegemite toast helps too

seen the medico's do the saline drip 'method' - mind you, seeing someone at a party at 3am carrying the saline bag in the air while "plugged in" helped sober me up. They were starting their shift in less than 2hrs, and the thought of ending up on their ward worked a treat!!

funny that someone mentioned coffee - complete myth... you'll still be drunk/hungover, just a bit more awake thanks to the caffeine...

TRENDING THREADS