• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Help setting up my first cassette

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
I finished my first century ride last weekend and am now trying to set up my first indoor trainer and transitioning to riding indoor for the first time. Any good resources on how to get the cassette up and running on my trainer? Brand new to trainers and trying to figure out how to set the whole thing up. Thanks.

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
Trying to set up my first trainer, and it sounds like I messed up already. I bought a kickr core and it doesn't come with a cassette, so I purchased the one they offer with it on their site. Apparently that one doesn't work with my bike. It's an 11 speed now that I have it, and I think my bike is a 9x2. It's a salsa journeyman sora.

Can anyone verify this is not compatible, and if so, can anyone suggest a 9 speed cassette for my bike?

Thanks guys.

TRENDING THREADS