• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hey JV care to comment on Caitlin?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Come on JV the floor is yours. It seems Don Cailtin is tainted and worked with your team.

have we been sold yet another lie in another professional sport that when we lift the cover it stinks from top to bottom?

was it thus and will it always be thus?

you professed to be different, you told Kimmage you were different. your team was not goanna play by the old rules?

well it looks from here that was a bag of dope peddled to us and i bet most in here are not the slightest bit surprised. i know i'm not.

Wiggins finished fourth to Pharmastrong, who it would appear was so juiced, probably more than he has ever been in his career and Wiggins was so close. Wiggins did that on 8 hours a day on the bike, high cadence, loss of weight, ice vests and self belief?

well new generation is clean! yeah and the pope is a muslim.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
From his twitter:
4. @festinagirl ..one thing is to protect, another is to follow procedure and submit results. Don is a scientist, not a decision maker.

3. @festinagirl .my choices are simple: get rid of Catlin and have zero program, or trust his objectivity with us. No, not commenting publicly. 25 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to festinagirl

2. @festinagirl .Results of what we do with Catlin have been and always will be available publicly. As long as you have someone to interpret. 22 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to festinagirl

1. @festinagirl ..me too... No good deed goes unpunished, as they say... 20 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to festinagirl

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:
From his twitter:

i hate twitter speak. let's see him come on here and in plain simple english give us an opinion on what has been published in SI about Cailtin and then link all his top riders BP values for us to see.

I bet Ashenden would come on here and give us a layman's opinion about them too if asked.

Let's not go down the buckwheat road.

Although, I think Catlin is a bit more distanced from Garmin than Lim.

Lim being called a logistics man was a shocker for them (a huge link between Garmin and a doping "expert"). As dodgy as the SI article shows Catlin, the worst it can prove is that Garmin's anti-doping "monitoring program" is rigged, and who thought it was genuine in the first place anyway?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:

Although, I think Catlin is a bit more distanced from Garmin than Lim.

Lim being called a logistics man was a shocker for them (a huge link between Garmin and a doping "expert"). As dodgy as the SI article shows Catlin, the worst it can prove is that Garmin's anti-doping "monitoring program" is rigged, and who thought it was genuine in the first place anyway?

well if it is rigged than JV should be hung out to dry along with the uci and team pharmastrong. why let him away with this, because they won nothing?

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Amen...

But JV is in a difficult position, again. He must be really good at Twister... Either he slams Caitlin for the content of the SI article and hangs him out to dry or he stands by the work Caitlin has done for Garmin (please note the distinction between Caitlin the man and the actual services provided) and looks like he's lending his support to Caitlin against the SI allegations. Either way, JV takes heat.

Personally I'd like a detailed clarification from JV on the exact relationship between Caitlin and Garmin. How data was gathered, how it was evaluated and how decisions were made. It looks like he's kind of addressing that in the tweets, but that's not a sufficient response.

TRENDING THREADS