• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Horse Says I'm Innocent, I Didn't Take EPO

elapid said:
EPO hits horse racing and trainers declare their horses (and themselves) are innocent. Nothing much to do with cycling I know (unless you count the horse v McEwen contests), but just another sport where doping is rife. Imagine the costs of doping a horse with EPO!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/horse-racing/trainers-fight-epo-decision/2009/08/14/1249756443483.html

Lol...will the horse go on a campaign of town halls to discredit the lab. It'll just trot into the town hall with slides on its back saying that all the other horses have no faith in the testing procedures.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
It's a violation of animal rights, people nowadays have no respect for privacy anymore. After breeding and assisting in giving labor, they continue to encroach the animal's personal sphere.

I bet it entered the horse's body after a fat smacker from a voluptuous, big hipped mare...

Bala Verde said:
It's a violation of animal rights, people nowadays have no respect for privacy anymore. After breeding and assisting in giving labor, they continue to encroach the animal's personal sphere.

I bet it entered the horse's body after a fat smacker from a voluptuous, big hipped mare...

Contaminated hay!!!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Digger said:
Contaminated hay!!!

I know for FACT, that horse had significant dietary changes. He had systemic allergies to hay, so he had a diet rich in alfalfa and apples - a diet rich in phytosterols. What's next, a false positives for steroids?

I'm sure the horse had a TUE!

Anyway, isn't he the most tested horse on the planet?

Where's this horse's media manager?

:D

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
tifosa said:
I know for FACT, that horse had significant dietary changes. He had systemic allergies to hay, so he had a diet rich in alfalfa and apples - a diet rich in phytosterols. What's next, a false positives for steroids?

I'm sure the horse had a TUE!

Anyway, isn't he the most tested horse on the planet?

Where's this horse's media manager?

:D

A corticosteroid will fix that....... along with a significant donation to the Australian Turf Club to fight doping in equestrian events. :p

A

Anonymous

Digger said:
Were vets tipping him off I wonder....

Wait 'till the police raid one of the horse trailers on the way to the track and discover blood bags and EPO.... gonna blow the lid off this thing.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Clearly none of you are up to speed on this issue. This horse was tested with the human EPO test, by people with no vet training, and the lab itself is not to be trusted. This is clearly a porrly performed test by a lab with suspect quality and motives. It is also against horse rights!

Izoard said:
Clearly none of you are up to speed on this issue. This horse was tested with the human EPO test, by people with no vet training, and the lab itself is not to be trusted. This is clearly a porrly performed test by a lab with suspect quality and motives. It is also against horse rights!

Lol...will the horse lose stud rights for a year?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
A stud stallion perhaps, showing little flair but lots of pure strenght, and after a miraculous come-back from a life treathening crippled leg, the tri-galloper is intent on crushing his opponents by chasing them down and whinny the zip-the-lip gesture...

He is now supposedly passing out yellow-black bridles and bits, to raise crippled leg awarenes...

Anyway, the showjumping Ludger Beerbaum allegedly said, and uncovering some of the motives behind doping:

Die nach Diskussionen um Manipulationen im Pferdesport eingesetzte Kommission unter Vorsitz des ehemaligen Verfassungsrichters Udo Steiner empfiehlt, dass Beerbaum, sein Angestellter Marco Kutscher und der Wiesbadener Daniel Deußer „jede medizinisch indizierte Maßnahme“ der Behandlung ihrer Spitzenpferde bis zum 31. Dezember 2011 mit dem Mannschaftstierarzt und dem Bundestrainer absprechen müssen. Beerbaum hatte sich öffentlich dazu bekannt, er habe früher nach der Haltung gehandelt: Erlaubt ist, was nicht gefunden wird.
Source

Beerbaum was quoted in the respected German Sunday newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeinen as saying that over the years his aim "was to exhaust everything possible ... I had the attitude that anything that will not be detected is allowed ... I can do what I like as long as I don't get found out."
Source

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
How would the line of defense 'What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my *** six hours a day' translate in equestrian terminology?

I have no time to dope you fools! I am either training, sleeping, or eating organic hay and wheat grass. I am also smarter, as I always check out each new course (that is the same as the old course) before the race. And finally a shout out to Nike for supplying me with the most technologically advanced horseshoes.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Izoard said:

The "tip off" that the horse was on human EPO was that he ran the whole race on 2 legs!

horse2legs.jpg

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Cadence. No EPO. The evindence is horsesh*t!
Why would that horse put those substances in his body after all he has been thru?

Cadence awereness.