• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How To Dope

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That is old school doping. Would not work with today's testing (BioPassport), but I would like to see an updated post by a cheat on how they beat the passport and other tests.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Lajeretta4Ever said:
That is old school doping. Would not work with today's testing (BioPassport), but I would like to see an updated post by a cheat on how they beat the passport and other tests.

You have to be a dope if you think you can get away with it now but there is always someone who will come up with something .

Its like a mouse and the mouse trap you nibble away and get away with it then you take a big bite and "BANG" your gone.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
That moron House from the Daily Peloton forums was on that thread pronto.

Good read.

I remember that nutter. He used to derail any thread with long ramblings about cow's blood.

I'm not sure anything from 2005 is all that relevant now. You could probably find 2005 threads on financial forums saying how hedging sub-prime mortgages is a good idea*.

*I'm no expert in that field, I don't really understand what hedging is - it's just a common man's analogy.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
I remember that nutter. He used to derail any thread with long ramblings about cow's blood.

I'm not sure anything from 2005 is all that relevant now. You could probably find 2005 threads on financial forums saying how hedging sub-prime mortgages is a good idea*.

*I'm no expert in that field, I don't really understand what hedging is - it's just a common man's analogy.

House has become an internet meme.

*** edited by mod ***

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
F*ck you!

I thought I had you on ignore, clearly not. You really are one of the biggest ****s ive ever had the displeasure of coming across. If you are like that in real life no wonder your application got put straight in the bin.

You should take that anger out on your next cyclo-cross race, you might even finish this time ;)

A

Anonymous

happychappy said:
You should take that anger out on your next cyclo-cross race, you might even finish this time ;)

wont be for a while, physio says no chance of racing this winter. :(

*** edited by mod ***

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Lajeretta4Ever said:

I noticed in that 2005 thread, there was really no explicit discussion of testing/beating the testers. Prior to the Bio Pass (assuming it's really all it's cracked up to be), the autologous transfusions should not have been detectable. But the guy was pretty flippant about the test and EPO. Maybe little enough testing at that level that it was deemed a small risk?

May 23, 2011
Visit site
DomesticDomestique said:
That linked post sure sounds a lot like Joe Papp. Was that you Joe?

It was Real Gains.

It needs to be taken with a big grain of salt. Blood transfusions when racing domestically as a Cat 1 with the chance of getting popped for EPO use is so low? I am skeptical.

From the article.

At the time I was racing Cat 1 and I can tell you that most of the guys that were really good riders were on EPO or at least blood doping.

At least blood doping! Yeah, sure, bro. How many Cat 1 teams have a team doctor?

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Damiano Machiavelli said:
It was Real Gains.

At least blood doping! Yeah, sure, bro. How many Cat 1 teams have a team doctor?

You'll be surprised, not saying they have doctors, but some of those play to be doctors, quite scary actually :p

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It was Real Gains.

It needs to be taken with a big grain of salt. Blood transfusions when racing domestically as a Cat 1 with the chance of getting popped for EPO use is so low? I am skeptical.

From the article.

Do you need a doctor? Obviously it's incredibly stupid to transfuse without one, but Floyd has pretty much detailed how he did it without a doctor. Keep it on a bowl of ice cubes in the fridge.

DomesticDomestique said:
Do you need a doctor? Obviously it's incredibly stupid to transfuse without one, but Floyd has pretty much detailed how he did it without a doctor. Keep it on a bowl of ice cubes in the fridge.
Obviously his reward was far bigger than the one for the Cat 1 racer. Therefore the risk taking increases as well.;)

May 23, 2011
Visit site
indurain666 said:
You'll be surprised, not saying they have doctors, but some of those play to be doctors, quite scary actually :p

Actually I mispoke. In a later post he says the team had doctors. Plural. Perhaps those guys attended the Carribean School of Medicine and Bikini Watching, the only job they could get was as a doctor to a team of Cat 1s, the chance of having their medical license pulled or even being prosecuted if something went wrong did not bother them, and they were willing to be paid in power bars and swag that could be sold on eBay, but I remain a bit skeptical.

The steroid and even the EPO stuff sounds legit. The blood doping sounds like he read it on the internet.

If he had an FTP of 440 Watts then he should have been in europe instead of wasting his time racing domestically as a Cat 1.

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Obviously his reward was far bigger than the one for the Cat 1 racer. Therefore the risk taking increases as well.;)
Don't underestimate the desperation of someone who drops out of high school to start racing "professionally," gets mommy and daddy to pay for The Hog Cycling Academy in Belgium only to discover they aren't that good, then come home to get cut off by mommy and daddy and realize they have absolutely no value to society and zero way to make a living other than "charging" forward with bike racing.

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Interesting article thread but the OP (in the linked thread) doesn't even say what ester of testosterone he was injecting. Some, like testosterone enanthate take three or so weeks to become fully activated in the body as it has a long ester so you can inject weekly where as testosterone proprionate has a very short one and you need to inject every other day to get optimum blood levels.
Usually you'll do something called front loading, which is to use the short acting testosterone alongside the long acting one to ensure you get an immediate boost which you'll then taper off as the longer acting one kicks in.

125mg is very low (you wouldn't actually even see the sides he mentions at this dose unless you were hugely sensitive) - 200 to 250mg for a longer acting testosterone would be better.
It's all about maintaining a consistent level in the blood, avoiding peaks and troughs. That's why pros use patches (or used to use anyway) - they ensure a consistent delivery and blood level.

I've doped albeit it for a different sport than Cycling.

Actually I mispoke. In a later post he says the team had doctors. Plural. Perhaps those guys attended the Carribean School of Medicine and Bikini Watching, the only job they could get was as a doctor to a team of Cat 1s, the chance of having their medical license pulled or even being prosecuted if something went wrong did not bother them, and they were willing to be paid in power bars and swag that could be sold on eBay, but I remain a bit skeptical.

The steroid and even the EPO stuff sounds legit. The blood doping sounds like he read it on the internet.

If he had an FTP of 440 Watts then he should have been in europe instead of wasting his time racing domestically as a Cat 1.
Maybe he was too heavy.

I agree with you on the blood doping part.

TRENDING THREADS