• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hypothetical Full genius Tour de France

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

LeindersGains said:
Big Mig + Canc's bike in 2010 + Sky's weight loss methods.
with Aicar, GW and carcinogenic mice on a treadmill and Canc riding one of the chronos. The longer one, as a ring in for him. that would be the epitome of full genius.

Re: Re:

the delgados said:
Perhaps we need to take into account the pre-tour celebrity appearances and actor-dating into account. Maybe Armstrong got too cocky (never!) and thought he could just dope up with the next level *** and get on his bike and win Le Tour in 2009 with minimal preparation.

I don't think it would be in Armstrong's nature to show up undercooked like that. More likely, he looked at the times in 2006/2007/2008:

G9Nc3pK.png

and concluded he could win if he hit a certain level. He gets there and it turns out everyone is way more doped up than he was expecting, including AICAR Wiggins and a thermonuclear Contador, and his level isn't good enough.

Archibald said:
IndianCyclist said:
Ullrich i think. He was a 42% HCT and from there to 63% will make him superman in tt + wt loss thru AICAR will make him fly
LA was 41 hct, no?
or was that Hamilton...

personally, I'd like to see Hinault on the same amount of gear as armstrong - punch on for sure as those two personalities collide

personally i would like to see hinault's look as a supercharged Froome went passed him on ventoux at 140rpm...only for Froome to hear a growl and Hinault mash on past him with an evil glare at about 70rpm in a 53x17....that would be nice

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

gillan1969 said:
Archibald said:
IndianCyclist said:
Ullrich i think. He was a 42% HCT and from there to 63% will make him superman in tt + wt loss thru AICAR will make him fly
LA was 41 hct, no?
or was that Hamilton...

personally, I'd like to see Hinault on the same amount of gear as armstrong - punch on for sure as those two personalities collide

personally i would like to see hinault's look as a supercharged Froome went passed him on ventoux at 140rpm...only for Froome to hear a growl and Hinault mash on past him with an evil glare at about 70rpm in a 53x17....that would be nice

If we're going full-genius Tour de France legends on the gear:

I want to see Merckx - who could actually race a bike, put 5 minutes into Froome on the flat one day. A bit of a side wind and some cobbles around Roubaix, some rain, put his team on the front and put the hammer down and smash the bunch to pieces. Then ride off the front of the break and put a minute into them for good measure. Who needs mountains when you actually have some race craft...

Dear Wiggo said:
gillan1969 said:
Archibald said:
IndianCyclist said:
LA was 41 hct, no?
or was that Hamilton...

I want to see Merckx - who could actually race a bike, put 5 minutes into Froome on the flat one day. A bit of a side wind and some cobbles around Roubaix, some rain, put his team on the front and put the hammer down and smash the bunch to pieces. Then ride off the front of the break and put a minute into them for good measure. Who needs mountains when you actually have some race craft...
I suspect that someone with the natural physiology of Merckx on a modern program would be almost unstoppable.

I'd like to see the parcours for this event go full genius too.

200km time trial, 400km flat stages

a mountain stage where they do the Col d'Aspin, the Tourmalet, then the Tourmalet again, then the Tourmalet again and finish on Luz Ardiden.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

42x16ss said:
Dear Wiggo said:
gillan1969 said:
Archibald said:
IndianCyclist said:
LA was 41 hct, no?
or was that Hamilton...

I suspect that someone with the natural physiology of Merckx on a modern program would be almost unstoppable.

Hell yeah! Just imagine - pillows, handwashing, stemwatching... add motorhome, and he would have to brake in each hairpin up on Alpe. And with knight's sword and queen-knitted zipper socks he would fly over 60 in The Hour, even on his historical bike.

Re:

leftover pie said:
I'd like to see the parcours for this event go full genius too.

200km time trial, 400km flat stages

a mountain stage where they do the Col d'Aspin, the Tourmalet, then the Tourmalet again, then the Tourmalet again and finish on Luz Ardiden.

Bordeaux - Paris as final stage instead of the Champs crit. Pursuit style. Now that would be must watch :p

TRENDING THREADS