• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"I don't shake hands with c---s" - Wow!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/coates-...s-former-chief-executive-20170421-gvpf8g.html
For 27 years, John Coates has run the Australian Olympic movement, a job which now earns him $760,000 a year. Now, for the first time, he is being challenged. A younger woman, former Hockeyroo Danni Roche, is campaigning to supplant him, take a huge pay cut and shake up Australia's Olympic culture.

Following the recent revelation that Coates told rival sports administrator John Wylie, "I don't shake hands with liars ... I don't shake hands with c---s," the culture of the organisation the Olympic chief presides over, and persistent allegations of bullying within it, have become a key issue in a campaign that has split Australian sport.

At the heart of the bullying claims is Mike Tancred, the AOC's powerful, aggressive, media director and John Coates's right hand man. Tancred is described by multiple sources as a "protected species" as long as Coates remains AOC president.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/olympics/john-coates-retains-presidency-in-aoc-vote-20170506-gvzia2.html
A relieved John Coates has thanked supporters after retaining the Australian Olympic Committee presidency by defeating challenger Danni Roche in Saturday's election.

Coates won the vote 58-35 at the AOC annual general meeting in Sydney to keep the presidency he has held since 1990.

Before the vote, Coates spoke to the annual general meeting for more than 30 minutes in a presidential address.

Roche wasn't permitted to speak to the meeting.

But Coates didn't refer at all to the challenge from Roche, an Olympic hockey gold medallist who gained traction campaigning to lower the AOC's running costs and divert more funds to athletes. Roche targeted Coates' $715,000 a year salary, which is now expected to be reviewed.

(Free to carry on calling people c**** etc :( )

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Robert5091 said:
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/coates-...s-former-chief-executive-20170421-gvpf8g.html
For 27 years, John Coates has run the Australian Olympic movement, a job which now earns him $760,000 a year. Now, for the first time, he is being challenged. A younger woman, former Hockeyroo Danni Roche, is campaigning to supplant him, take a huge pay cut and shake up Australia's Olympic culture.

Following the recent revelation that Coates told rival sports administrator John Wylie, "I don't shake hands with liars ... I don't shake hands with c---s," the culture of the organisation the Olympic chief presides over, and persistent allegations of bullying within it, have become a key issue in a campaign that has split Australian sport.

At the heart of the bullying claims is Mike Tancred, the AOC's powerful, aggressive, media director and John Coates's right hand man. Tancred is described by multiple sources as a "protected species" as long as Coates remains AOC president.

Coates wont shake hands with **** cos he never took advice from Donnie POTUS. for starters, the term that is socially acceptable, is *****. And you dont shake it, you grab it.

I thought Trump was more a groper than a grabber meself.

TRENDING THREADS