• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

If I met a pro

Since almost all the good races are ridden, it's time for a thread that helps us through the winter. What would you guy's say if you met a certain rider?

I'll start off

If I met Alberto Contador I'd ask him for his signature, tell him he's a legend, tell him I hope he continues to make stuff exciting and at last I'd tell him he should meet LaFlo:D

If I met Alejandro Valverde I'd tell him he's a great rider, and that he should race in Italy more often, more specifically I'd tell him really should do the Giro one day

If I met either Mollema, Gesink or Kruiswijk, I'd tell them they should try to get results in other GT's before they fail at the tour again.

If I met Samuel Sanchez I'd tell him he is awesome and that I hope he wins a GT before he retires

If I met Bradley Wiggins, I'd ask him for his signature and I'd tell him that he, although he doesn't have to answer wether it's possible to win the tour without doping, cán win the Tour without acting like a ****ing *******. After that I'd through his signature away while he sees it:D

Red Rick said:
Since almost all the good races are ridden, it's time for a thread that helps us through the winter.

CycloCross says how you doing? :D

If i meet Mr Vaughters i will ask him these Do you use special shampoo for your sideburns or do you oil it once in a month? Will hgh help me in having a thick sideburns?. And if i meet basso i will ask him to appoint me as his manager and agent.

RedheadDane said:
What are the chances really? Denmark isn't exactly the numero uno places these guys live.
Guess I could run into some of the local guys, but honestly; I'm not really the person to random start speaking to strangers. Not even crazy bike riding guys. :p

-_- maybe you'll run into lars bak or CAS on a training ride in one of denmarks popular riding spots. i admit netherlands is probably better, i have seen a couple rabo riders on the road (probably conti riders but still) and a vacansoleil rider once.

Red Rick said:
Since almost all the good races are ridden, it's time for a thread that helps us through the winter. What would you guy's say if you met a certain rider?

I'll start off

If I met Alberto Contador I'd ask him for his signature, tell him he's a legend, tell him I hope he continues to make stuff exciting and at last I'd tell him he should meet LaFlo:D

If I met Alejandro Valverde I'd tell him he's a great rider, and that he should race in Italy more often, more specifically I'd tell him really should do the Giro one day

If I met either Mollema, Gesink or Kruiswijk, I'd tell them they should try to get results in other GT's before they fail at the tour again.

If I met Samuel Sanchez I'd tell him he is awesome and that I hope he wins a GT before he retires

If I met Bradley Wiggins, I'd ask him for his signature and I'd tell him that he, although he doesn't have to answer wether it's possible to win the tour without doping, cán win the Tour without acting like a ****ing *******. After that I'd through his signature away while he sees it:D

So you'd tell two riders who have had doping sanctions how great they are and then abuse the one who can't prove he won clean.

That's classy. Live the dream bro.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I've met quite a good amount of cyclists. The only ones I've had a real conversation with have been Mike Friedman, Nicolas Roche, Kiel Reijnen, Floyd Landis, Juan Pablo Suarez, Tom Zirbel, and Dave Zabriskie. Zabriskie was the best one since he's my favorite rider and he knew me by name when I asked him to sign my magazine with him on the cover.

I remember seeing a guy interviewing Cancellara and Michael Rogers at the end of 2012 I believe where he asked both riders if he can feel their legs. I wanted to ask Bert Grabsch that same thing since the guy's a beast, but when I actually saw him, something told me he would beat the crap out of me if I asked such a thing.

But I would really love to have a chat with Jens Voigt. What I would say in that conversation, I do not know.

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If I met Boonen, I don't think I could get past the ears. I'm not sure if I would want to touch them, or take a photo with one (yep, just me and an ear! :D) or pull them to see if they are real or if I'd just stare at them. But man, those ears....

Sagan. I'd just ask if he's done the older woman thing yet, and if he wants to start. Immediately. ;)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Red Rick said:

I'll start off

Yeah thats my dream:D

And if I met Alberto I'd tell him to try a Triple :)

If I met Matteo Fedi I'd ask him what his favourite climb to train in is.

If I met Mathieu Claude I'd tell him about my favourite wines.

If I met Kevin van Melsen I'd ask him about riding with Jacques Celliers.

If I met Matti Helminen I'd ask him if he spoke Swedish and if he says yes then I'd only speak to him in English.

If I met Mart Ojavee I'd talk to him about whether Preben Van Hecke could beat Antonio Cabello in an uphill sprint.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ran into Andy Schleck at the movies once. Didn't say a word - it was his private time and he was with friends, so why bother him. If I meet a rider at a race I will ask them for an autograph since I consider that part of their job, but in their free time I leave them alone

gerundium said:
-_- maybe you'll run into lars bak or CAS on a training ride in one of denmarks popular riding spots. i admit netherlands is probably better, i have seen a couple rabo riders on the road (probably conti riders but still) and a vacansoleil rider once.

Problem is... both those guys live abroad. :p But of course, Hammel isn't that far from Århus.

Eric8-A said:
I've met quite a good amount of cyclists. The only ones I've had a real conversation with have been Mike Friedman, Nicolas Roche, Kiel Reijnen, Floyd Landis, Juan Pablo Suarez, Tom Zirbel, and Dave Zabriskie. Zabriskie was the best one since he's my favorite rider and he knew me by name when I asked him to sign my magazine with him on the cover.

I remember seeing a guy interviewing Cancellara and Michael Rogers at the end of 2012 I believe where he asked both riders if he can feel their legs. I wanted to ask Bert Grabsch that same thing since the guy's a beast, but when I actually saw him, something told me he would beat the crap out of me if I asked such a thing.

But I would really love to have a chat with Jens Voigt. What I would say in that conversation, I do not know.

Why do I have a feeling talking to DZ can be quite... amusing?

Gotta say; it's pretty impressive that you can have seen anyone doing anything at the end of 2012, given the fact that it's hardly October yet!

Oh! If I met Jens Voigt I'd try to make him say "Hold kæft det er åndsvagt!" :D

Christian said:
Ran into Andy Schleck at the movies once. Didn't say a word - it was his private time and he was with friends, so why bother him. If I meet a rider at a race I will ask them for an autograph since I consider that part of their job, but in their free time I leave them alone

My thoughts as well. Let the poor guys have some time for themselves!

TRENDING THREADS