Il Lombardia, 241KM, 13th October (WT)

Yeah, I'm overly excited, and since it's less than a week…
However, I'm also technically stupid, so I have no clue how to find the profiles and stuff… If anyone posts anything I'll copy-paste it into this post. :D

Well, here's a Start List

Provided by Rollthedice:



Profile:


Civiglio


Last 5 km:
 
RedheadDane said:
Yeah, I'm overly excited, and since it's less than a week…
However, I'm also technically stupid, so I have no clue how to find the profiles and stuff… If anyone posts anything I'll copy-paste it into this post. :D

Well, here's a Start List
You have no clue of how to find profiles? I literally round it after 5 seconds lmao

Will be a great race for obvious reasons, Lombardia and Valverde stripes. Also think Nibali will excite us in the last race on home turf
 
Well, I looked in the official Lombardia page, and couldn't find anything, just the not-static one on the front page that's partly covered by some text.
Most importantly, though, is the fact that I seem to have lost the ability to post images.

So, are you gonna help a fool out?
 
Sunweb comes with Oomen as leader, despite them also fielding Matthews and Kelderman. Interesting that Kelderman now has to help Oomen.

They state it's Oomen's favorite classic and he wants to attain a really good result
 
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Sunweb comes with Oomen as leader, despite them also fielding Matthews and Kelderman. Interesting that Kelderman now has to help Oomen.

They state it's Oomen's favorite classic and he wants to attain a really good result
Good thing it isn't Walscheid's favourite classic if they in that case had to ride for him...
 
Jun 27, 2013
4,352
0
0
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Sunweb comes with Oomen as leader, despite them also fielding Matthews and Kelderman. Interesting that Kelderman now has to help Oomen.

They state it's Oomen's favorite classic and he wants to attain a really good result
Good thing it isn't Walscheid's favourite classic if they in that case had to ride for him...
:lol:
 
Hahaha, Max Walscheid

That little bump is quite nice, I would have preferred the climb last year, but its a bit longer than I had thought. Could definitely play a major part in how this race plays out
 
Valverde has two rivals in this race, himself and Nibali. Have to wait until tomorrow's Tre Valli to see if Nibali can put up a fight. The French duo looks on fire but my bet is rather Pinot. Then there's a large group of good climbers, someone might pull a surprise if Valverde is asleep at the wheel.
 
Jun 30, 2014
5,465
0
0
Re: Re:

GuyIncognito said:
tobydawq said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Sunweb comes with Oomen as leader, despite them also fielding Matthews and Kelderman. Interesting that Kelderman now has to help Oomen.

They state it's Oomen's favorite classic and he wants to attain a really good result
Good thing it isn't Walscheid's favourite classic if they in that case had to ride for him...
:lol:
:D
Walscheid should really try Roubaix.
Back to Lombardia, Kreuziger seems to be in geat shape, he could be dangerous.
 
Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
GuyIncognito said:
tobydawq said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Sunweb comes with Oomen as leader, despite them also fielding Matthews and Kelderman. Interesting that Kelderman now has to help Oomen.

They state it's Oomen's favorite classic and he wants to attain a really good result
Good thing it isn't Walscheid's favourite classic if they in that case had to ride for him...
:lol:
:D
Walscheid should really try Roubaix.
Back to Lombardia, Kreuziger seems to be in geat shape, he could be dangerous.
Indeed and I forgot Uran, guaranteed second place.
 
Jul 13, 2016
792
0
0
Always looking forward to Lombardia and the other Italian fall races, great way to end the season. Despite the race not being the main target for many riders, it might be my favourite monument. Great parcours, great riders, great racing.
 
I don't think the slight change of the route changes much. The final hill is too close to the Civiglio to spare the legs there.

In fact, I think it's likely the Civiglio will be ridden even more agressively, cause there's no point in waiting. Scenario's like Pinot last year of getting over the top 2nd and then getting caught are less likely.
 
Mar 6, 2011
1,414
0
0
Bardamu said:
Always looking forward to Lombardia and the other Italian fall races, great way to end the season. Despite the race not being the main target for many riders, it might be my favourite monument. Great parcours, great riders, great racing.

My favourite monument as well. Probably my favourite race actually, I love back drop of Northern Italy in Autumn
 
Midnightfright said:
Bardamu said:
Always looking forward to Lombardia and the other Italian fall races, great way to end the season. Despite the race not being the main target for many riders, it might be my favourite monument. Great parcours, great riders, great racing.

My favourite monument as well. Probably my favourite race actually, I love back drop of Northern Italy in Autumn
I would love this race so much more if it didn't mean like 4 months of waiting till the opening weekend :(
 
What’s the total elevation on the route? Overall the profile doesn’t look quite as tough as some recent editions, and it doesn’t have all the climbing at the back end like Liege. I can see a punchy Dane taking this one, is Kragh riding? Never mind, I realized my mistake on that one as soon as I posted.
 
As some have already written, the easier final climb might actually make things more difficult. If you have a gap over Civiglio it's now even more likely to win than in previous editions so Civiglio will be raced harder than ever with nobody keeping anything back. Also I really really hope the easier finale leads to riders risking more on the Muro di Sormano which is a pretty iconic climb despite never really seeing much action. I can absolutely see Nibali attacking there as I don't think he stands a chance if he waits for Civiglio
 
Re:

Rollthedice said:
Valverde has two rivals in this race, himself and Nibali. Have to wait until tomorrow's Tre Valli to see if Nibali can put up a fight. The French duo looks on fire but my bet is rather Pinot. Then there's a large group of good climbers, someone might pull a surprise if Valverde is asleep at the wheel.
He+s the favorite, I agree, but not that big. It's a Monument after all, 240km, we'll have plenty of good riders there: Nibali, Bardet, Pinot, Uran, Alaphilippe, Kreuziger, that cramping guy...
 
Re:

Laplaz said:
If Valverde didn't party too much after his WC win it's his race to lose.

Don't worry he was back training on Wednesday as there is video from one of the coffee shops he and his friends stop at while out riding where they had a cake waiting for him.

Lombardia will be great this year if for no other reason that Valverde in the rainbow stripes.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS