• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Importance of Livestrong at Le' Tour

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Sitting here claiming my seat at my Hospital, with a needle in my arm, waiting for my white blood cell count results, and if good will get my little bag of bleo.

this is my second off week in my three week sessions on chemo, so tuesday is the only bag i get for 7 days. A small bag, so it takes 30 minutes to drip into vein, and a couple of anti nausea pills.

Been riding 7 days a week, working full time.

i am lucky

I am just one of those patient/athletes which read these topics/threads and realize that before anyone is directly effected by this disease, it is easy to become confused by Livestrong message and importance.

people have built in forgetters -

cancer sucks. it is painful. people survive.

maybe we will see a livestrong team at the tour next year. And motivation during treatment, is the best medicine.

vive le tour'

A

Anonymous

good luck with your treatment

nb: yeh, youre allowed laptops, blackberries, all sorts nowadays..

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
all three medical buildings (hospitals) i visit have wireless for patients.

if you are interested, make a phone call to your local hospital and ask

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
tubularglue said:
all three medical buildings (hospitals) i visit have wireless for patients.

if you are interested, make a phone call to your local hospital and ask

not that interested mate i have wireless at home and at work and can wa.nk myself silly both places :cool: not sure i need a third

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
tubularglue said:
Sitting here claiming my seat at my Hospital, with a needle in my arm, waiting for my white blood cell count results, and if good will get my little bag of bleo.

this is my second off week in my three week sessions on chemo, so tuesday is the only bag i get for 7 days. A small bag, so it takes 30 minutes to drip into vein, and a couple of anti nausea pills.

Been riding 7 days a week, working full time.

i am lucky

I am just one of those patient/athletes which read these topics/threads and realize that before anyone is directly effected by this disease, it is easy to become confused by Livestrong message and importance.

people have built in forgetters -

cancer sucks. it is painful. people survive.

maybe we will see a livestrong team at the tour next year. And motivation during treatment, is the best medicine.

vive le tour'

I could not agree with you more. I was already a Austin based cyclist, a participant in the Austin LiveStrong Challenge for several years, and a loyal Lance fan before my 4 year old daughter was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. This changed me forever to an active cancer fundraiser who also cycles. Without a hero like Lance and a focused goal with the assistance LiveStrong many cancer patients might not endure the Chemo treatments and the Radiation courses to rid themselves of their ailments.

I fully support organizations like LiveStrong, ACS Relay for Life, the Star Light Star Bright Foundation, St. Baldricks Foundation and 2dogs2000miles.org for the assistance they provide others with cancer who's battle is not yet over. As of last October, my daughter won her fight against cancer but so many other are still so sick. LiveStrong.

TRENDING THREADS