• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is CyclingNews hacked? fake Flashplayer update

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I stopped this before it became a problem BUT:
This has happened twice in a week. CyclingNews is the only site that has done this to me. I can't say I'm immune to problems, that's only asking for trouble, but I pay a lot of attention and I use defenses against this kind of thing.

Twice while at CyclingNews my browser tab has been taken over without my intervention. The takeover was static. It opened a dialog box to download/open "FlashPlayer.exe" The two times it appeared had two different URLs. The second time I did mouseover on the help links and right click copy, they linked to an adobe.com site but I didn't test them.

I notified CyclingNews' parent company through their contact link the first time, and I will this time too.

Attachments

• Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,522