• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is it me ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...ars-for-possession-of-illegal-substances.html

"Burns admitted to the Durham police that these were for his own use and he was not prosecuted.

"He later told the UK Anti-Doping, who filed the charges against Burns and on Wednesday announced the findings, that the drugs were not his and insisted that he had told police they were his as he did not want to “grass” on a friend.

"The NADP dismissed this new version of the events as “contrived and incredible”. "

I am glad they decided that it was incredible that he would have not been consuming all those drugs himself. Nasty, rotten cheating coach. Trying to pretend that he might sell some on to the nice clean athletes he trained. Just what does he take UK Anti-doping for ? Trying it on with us ! Glad the police let me off when he told them the WHOLE truth that they really were all for himself.

That is one hell of a lifetime's best throw he has got there, 69 m v the GB record of 91m. Getting close ! Give the 35 year old Burns a few more years and goodness knows what he would have been throwing come Rio, provided he was not orbiting Saturn after consuming all that lot.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
This is what you get when you dope individually.

Better to have a team of medics around you certified to transfuse and purchase doping products.

Linked on that page is this article from a few days ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...-types-of-performance-enhancing-drug-EPO.html

Oh, so even the local papers are now willing to acknowledge "cleanest olympics in history" actually probably had some doping.

Despite the mind boggling record testing of where 1 out of every 2 athletes was tested during the games.

Interesting about cyclists saying there are new undetectable substances. I had it on good authority from just about everyone in the cycling hiiarchy that the sport is clean now.

TRENDING THREADS