Is this jacket any good?

I'm not sure if Pete is real or phishing but I'll use this thread to jump off for my question:

Does anybody have a wind vest that they recommend? I just want a light wind front, mesh back, no pockets, two way zipper (nice but not a deal breaker). Price is also a factor, but I don't know what my ceiling is yet. I've had team kit vests for ~25 years so haven't ever purchased one, but I finally ran out of team vests.

After a quick search most vests now have pockets which are just bulk for something that will spend a lot of time in a jersey pocket.

I have an older Rapha gilet (not the classic, it’s the pro team one before they called it pro team) that’s pretty much exactly what you’re after but a one way zipper. There are currently no gilets on their site apart from the club ones and a couple in the archive, so I’d guess they’ll have this seasons out soon. I’m pretty sure the current pro team has a two way zipper and they went mesh back on it last year (mine is a mesh back, not sure why they didn’t keep it when they introduced the pro team line but it’s there now). They’re fairly expensive though.

Reactions: jmdirt
I have an older Rapha gilet (not the classic, it’s the pro team one before they called it pro team) that’s pretty much exactly what you’re after but a one way zipper. There are currently no gilets on their site apart from the club ones and a couple in the archive, so I’d guess they’ll have this seasons out soon. I’m pretty sure the current pro team has a two way zipper and they went mesh back on it last year (mine is a mesh back, not sure why they didn’t keep it when they introduced the pro team line but it’s there now). They’re fairly expensive though.
$125 for Rapha...maybe more than I want to spend, but if I don't find what I want for less, maybe I'll get one.

$125 for Rapha...maybe more than I want to spend, but if I don't find what I want for less, maybe I'll get one.
Yeah, it's expensive. To be fair to Rapha, they monitor their supply line and are actively trying to invest in under-represented communities (as with all companies they could and should do more, but they at least do something) and their prices aren't more than other "high-end" brands.

Yeah, it's expensive. To be fair to Rapha, they monitor their supply line and are actively trying to invest in under-represented communities (as with all companies they could and should do more, but they at least do something) and their prices aren't more than other "high-end" brands.
thats cause their quality and technology is not on the level of other high end brands like Assos or Q36.5; Rapha is the most overpriced cycling clothing brand out there based on price/performance

Having owned lots of clothing from many different premium brands and having a large network of other riders to talk to about this (the arguments about club kit sippliers are insane) we'll have to agree to disagree.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS