Is this the biggest team in Tour de France history?

2013 Tour de France

Sky Procycling

1 Christopher Froome (GBr)
2 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor)
3 Peter Kennaugh (GBr)
4 Vasil Kiryienka (Blr)
5 David Lopez Garcia (Spa)
6 Richie Porte (Aus)
7 Kanstantsin Siutsou (Blr)
8 Ian Stannard (GBr)
9 Geraint Thomas (GBr)
10 Andrey Amador (CRC)
11 Jonathan Castroviejo (Spa)
12 Rui Costa (Por)
13 Imanol Erviti (Spa)
14 Ivan Gutierrez (Spa)
15 Ruben Plaza (Spa)
16 Nairo Quintana (Col)
17 Jose Joaquin Rojas (Spa)
18 Jean-Christophe Peraud (Fra)
19 Romain Bardet (Fra)
20 Brent Bookwalter (USA)
21 Marcus Burghardt (Ger)
22 Philippe Gilbert (Bel)
23 Amael Moinard (Fra)
24 Steve Morabito (Sui)
25 Manuel Quinziato (Ita)
26 Michael Schar (Sui)
27 Pavel Brutt (Rus)
28 Alexander Kristoff (Nor)
29 Aliaksandr Kuchynski (Blr)
30 Alberto Losada (Spa)
31 Daniel Moreno (Spa)
32 Gatis Smukulis (Lat)
33 Yuriy Trofimov (Rus)
34 Eduard Vorganov (Rus)


Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/539108/tour-de-france-2013-start-list.html#T3d8dqbzrVWKXsLX.99

Feel free to add ones i missed?
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
71 Thibaut Pinot (Fra)
72 William Bonnet (Fra)
73 Nacer Bouhanni (Fra)
74 Pierrick Fedrigo (Fra)
75 Murilo Fischer (Bra)
76 Alexandre Geniez (Fra)
77 Arnold Jeannesson (Fra)
78 Jeremy Roy (Fra)
79 Arthur Vichot (Fra)

****ing morons.

81 Jean-Christophe Peraud (Fra)
82 Romain Bardet (Fra)
83 Maxime Bouet (Fra)
84 Samuel Dumoulin (Fra)
85 Hubert Dupont (Fra)
86 John Gadret (Fra)
87 Blel Kadri (Fra)
88 Sebastien Minard (Fra)
89 Christophe Riblon (Fra)

Can't forget these idiots.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
What the **** was Garmin thinking? ****ing morons.

I knew JV loved to suck some sky but this is just ridiculous. I thought JV didn't like Sky? That's what he always says, right?

Even worse than his infamous RVV 2011 "ride for second"
 
Miburo said:
71 Thibaut Pinot (Fra)
72 William Bonnet (Fra)
73 Nacer Bouhanni (Fra)
74 Pierrick Fedrigo (Fra)
75 Murilo Fischer (Bra)
76 Alexandre Geniez (Fra)
77 Arnold Jeannesson (Fra)
78 Jeremy Roy (Fra)
79 Arthur Vichot (Fra)

****ing morons.

81 Jean-Christophe Peraud (Fra)
82 Romain Bardet (Fra)
83 Maxime Bouet (Fra)
84 Samuel Dumoulin (Fra)
85 Hubert Dupont (Fra)
86 John Gadret (Fra)
87 Blel Kadri (Fra)
88 Sebastien Minard (Fra)
89 Christophe Riblon (Fra)

Can't forget these idiots.
I included Bardet. But not the others because i dont know who the other AG2r rider was but they were the only 2.

As for FDJ, definately not Pinot.

Also you didn't number them properly.
 
Why shouldn't BMC, Katusha, or AG2R ride? Kreuziger, Ten Dam, Fuglsang, and even Rogers are all guys that stand in the way of what they want: a higher place overall.

Those secondary guys in the first group can still be pulled back in the last week. why give them free time now?

EDIT: and wouldn't you know it. Eurosport talking to the BMC DS says exactly that
 
Jul 5, 2010
943
0
0
Miburo said:
What the **** was Garmin thinking? ****ing morons.

I knew JV loved to suck some sky but this is just ridiculous. I thought JV didn't like Sky? That's what he always says, right?

Even worse than his infamous RVV 2011 "ride for second"
Garmin didn't do anything. They only got shown at the front for a few seconds and that was because everyone else had stopped riding and they just happened to get in front for a few seconds.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
The Hitch said:
I included Bardet. But not the others because i dont know who the other AG2r rider was but they were the only 2.

As for FDJ, definately not Pinot.

Also you didn't number them properly.
I don't give a ****. Their team supports sky. It doesn't matter which rider rides along, they clearly support sky.

So they're also in their team.
 
Oct 16, 2009
3,868
0
0
More Strides than Rides said:
Why shouldn't BMC, Katusha, or AG2R ride? Kreuziger, Ten Dam, Fuglsang, and even Rogers are all guys that stand in the way of what they want: a higher place overall.

Those secondary guys in the first group can still be pulled back in the last week. why give them free time now?

EDIT: and wouldn't you know it. Eurosport talking to the BMC DS says exactly that
This basically. Why would they let Contador & Mollema go? It was obvious Sky were too weak to pull.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
roundabout said:
God forbid teams that can't win the race ride for themselves.
What had katusha, ag2r, bmc and fdj to win?

Lotto belisol was completely understandable but why the other teams?

You could also see that Thomas was talking with other teams probably promising stage wins so i guess maybe you're right....
 
Oct 16, 2009
3,868
0
0
Miburo said:
What had katusha, ag2r, bmc and fdj to win?

Lotto belisol was completely understandable but why the other teams?

You could also see that Thomas was talking with other teams probably promising stage wins so i guess maybe you're right....
FDJ I really don't know, but then they didn't pull much either. The three others had very obvious reasons to ride.
 
Miburo said:
What had katusha, ag2r, bmc and fdj to win?

Lotto belisol was completely understandable but why the other teams?

You could also see that Thomas was talking with other teams probably promising stage wins so i guess maybe you're right....
More Strides than Rides said:
Why shouldn't BMC, Katusha, or AG2R ride? Kreuziger, Ten Dam, Fuglsang, and even Rogers are all guys that stand in the way of what they want: a higher place overall.

Those secondary guys in the first group can still be pulled back in the last week. why give them free time now?
FDJ I don't know, but I didn't see them on the front. They hardly made a dent anyway
 
More Strides than Rides said:
Why shouldn't BMC, Katusha, or AG2R ride? Kreuziger, Ten Dam, Fuglsang, and even Rogers are all guys that stand in the way of what they want: a higher place overall.

Those secondary guys in the first group can still be pulled back in the last week. why give them free time now?

EDIT: and wouldn't you know it. Eurosport talking to the BMC DS says exactly that
Because Sky can and should do that job for them.

Yellow jersey is worth a hell of a lot more than 10th on gc, or in BMC's case 12th with Cadel possibly losing time in the alpes anyway:eek:

You act like i am not looking at it from their perspective. I am. These teams would be far better off letting sky do the work and resting their domestiques, and only taking over when Sky REALLY cant pull.



goggalor said:
This basically. Why would they let Contador & Mollema go? It was obvious Sky were too weak to pull.
Will they be too weak to pull when the other teams go -yellow jersey is worth more than 10th place?


Of course not.

Sky still had 3 riders + Froome who was comfortable the whole time.
 
The Hitch said:
2013 Tour de France

Sky Procycling

1 Christopher Froome (GBr)
2 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor)
3 Peter Kennaugh (GBr)
4 Vasil Kiryienka (Blr)
5 David Lopez Garcia (Spa)
6 Richie Porte (Aus)
7 Kanstantsin Siutsou (Blr)
8 Ian Stannard (GBr)
9 Geraint Thomas (GBr)
10 Andrey Amador (CRC)
11 Jonathan Castroviejo (Spa)
12 Rui Costa (Por)
13 Imanol Erviti (Spa)
14 Ivan Gutierrez (Spa)
15 Ruben Plaza (Spa)
16 Nairo Quintana (Col)
17 Jose Joaquin Rojas (Spa)
18 Jean-Christophe Peraud (Fra)
19 Romain Bardet (Fra)
20 Brent Bookwalter (USA)
21 Marcus Burghardt (Ger)
22 Philippe Gilbert (Bel)
23 Amael Moinard (Fra)
24 Steve Morabito (Sui)
25 Manuel Quinziato (Ita)
26 Michael Schar (Sui)
27 Pavel Brutt (Rus)
28 Alexander Kristoff (Nor)
29 Aliaksandr Kuchynski (Blr)
30 Alberto Losada (Spa)
31 Daniel Moreno (Spa)
32 Gatis Smukulis (Lat)
33 Yuriy Trofimov (Rus)
34 Eduard Vorganov (Rus)


Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/539108/tour-de-france-2013-start-list.html#T3d8dqbzrVWKXsLX.99

Feel free to add ones i missed?
Lol, you're a genius
 
Oct 16, 2009
3,868
0
0
The Hitch said:
Will they be too weak to pull when the other teams go -yellow jersey is worth more than 10th place?


Of course not.

Sky still had 3 riders + Froome who was comfortable the whole time.
It's been clear for almost a week now that Sky are weak. You could see even before Saxo split the group that they didn't have much of a presence. Their domestiques could barely get to the front to take a turn, and Froome was never going to hit the front anyway. There is very little reason for outrage here, that was completely sensible riding by the teams in the 2nd group. If they hadn't worked they could have lost 5 minutes.
 
goggalor said:
It's been clear for almost a week now that Sky are weak. You could see even before Saxo split the group that they didn't have much of a presence. Their domestiques could barely get to the front to take a turn, and Froome was never going to hit the front anyway. There is very little reason for outrage here, that was completely sensible riding by the teams in the 2nd group. If they hadn't worked they could have lost 5 minutes.
If pro racers were as naive as you guys Cancellara would win every 1 day classic out there.

Fabian - oh noes, i cant take a pull, im weak.

Other riders- oh, Cancellara is weak, we must help him pull this back till Carrefour de l'Arbre :rolleyes:

Fact is Froome was there, and he is stronger than anybody.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS