• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 210 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
thehog said:
At the start of the Tour Nibali was clean and he could believe.

Then Contador climbed 1.5km on a short hill to finish ahead of a Nibali and Walsh declared him clean. Astounding that he can tell that from such a short climb.

But then as the Tour dragged on as Sky went from bad to worse, Walsh got thought he'd start dropping hints about Nibali.

Walsh turned up the first rest day press conference with Sky. The journalists were bored and most didn't bother attend. He wanted to know why no questions about Nibali and the previous year there was about Sky?

Clearly he forgets Astana are MPCC and Sky are not.

He really is all over the place.

Hat tip to Mr Walsh eh?

You never really lose it do ya?

Fearless Greg Lemond said:

I love this...

"We want a winner we can believe in. Everyone wants that. If we had Alberto Contador's involvement in Puerto properly thrashed out and found out precisely who AC was and what he was doing I'd be a lot happier."

"I've always been unhappy when thing's aren't dealt with and his alleged involvement has never been dealt with. When he's asked a question at the Tour about his VO2 Max and doesn't answer, I just think, why? Why would you refuse to answer a question like that? It's something that a lot of cycling fans would like to know."

Yes David, why would he refuse to answer that question? :rolleyes:

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
MarkvW said:
I think that the simple answer is that Walsh just isn't that bright. When he's citing Antoine Vayer's scientifically weak speculations as evidence, he reveals himself. His prose really sucks.
I'm not sure. Certainly not highly intelligent, but no fool either.
He does (i mean, did) say clever things from time to time.
for instance from the article linked to above:
I'm sure it has changed to a degree but if it hasn't changed at the very top then it hasn't changed in the way we wanted it to.
that's pretty well put and in that interview he says some other clever things.

But after jumping on the Sky bandwagon he changed completely, using one laughable argument after the other to apologize for Sky and Froome. Such a change usually doesn't happen overnight.
imo either he got senile, or (more likely) he took the chance to fill his pockets.

MarkvW said:
I think that the simple answer is that Walsh just isn't that bright. When he's citing Antoine Vayer's scientifically weak speculations as evidence, he reveals himself. His prose really sucks.

I agree. I said it way back in the Armatrong era; he's a terrible writer and tends to take a position and tries to fill that gaps from there. He's been found out and if his book sales are anything to go by everyone's else knows it as well.

7DS, a movie script? Shocking.

thehog said:
I agree. I said it way back in the Armatrong era; he's a terrible writer and tends to take a position and tries to fill that gaps from there. He's been found out and if his book sales are anything to go by everyone's else knows it as well.

7DS, a movie script? Shocking.

Don't be expecting that movie to hit the screens anytime soon...eventhough it has been made.

thehog said:
Straight to DVD release?

Wouldn't surpirse me. Although sounds like they wasted money on hiring in David Millar etc.

If even that - was told it was so bad, that the backers have binned it...the people who made money from it as 'consultants' are unreal though - the very same ones who denounced Floyd and said he was still lying, ended up making money from his confession - because no way was this chain of events going to be set in motion, whereby a movie was made, without landis...so to watch these same people getting 70grand a pop for about three hours work....
At least landis had nothing, no input, whatsoever to do with this movie.

Digger said:
If even that - was told it was so bad, that the backers have binned it...the people who made money from it as 'consultants' are unreal though - the very same ones who denounced Floyd and said he was still lying, ended up making money from his confession - because no way was this chain of events going to be set in motion, whereby a movie was made, without landis...so to watch these same people getting 70grand a pop for about three hours work....
At least landis had nothing, no input, whatsoever to do with this movie.

Sounds like a disaster. Every good movie starts with a good script. That they clearly wouldn't have with 7DS.

Yes, when those Garmin guys smell the green and they tend to do or say anything. Millar is just the worst.

And yes, without Landis who arguably is the story (not Walsh) the movie would be ****e. Probably a good thing that it gets binned. Not even the Korean hackers would be able to save it by providing some notoriety.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Ben Foster seems a good pick. He's played bully-ish roles before and there are some similarities in the face as well.
If Frears is clever he's given Laura Donnelly a good deal of screen time.
Kimmage not appearing in the movie?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
does emma appear in some hot scenes too, anyone knows?
i hope so
mel-gibson-with-evil-mustache.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
I'm not sure. Certainly not highly intelligent, but no fool either.
He does (i mean, did) say clever things from time to time.
for instance from the article linked to above:

that's pretty well put and in that interview he says some other clever things.

But after jumping on the Sky bandwagon he changed completely, using one laughable argument after the other to apologize for Sky and Froome. Such a change usually doesn't happen overnight.
imo either he got senile, or (more likely) he took the chance to fill his pockets.
GBP

significant GBP

TRENDING THREADS