• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

It's spelled: P-E-L-O-T-O-N

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Like the title says, it's PELOTON.

Not "peleton" or any other derivation. Is it really so difficult? :rolleyes:

Am I being overly pedantic? Is it too much to ask for just this one, single word to get the dignity it so rightly deserves?

The double "e" version sets off my spellchecker, as it should. Is this not the case for other forumites?

Mods, maybe misspellings of this particular word could be added to the "banned words" list? That way the entire forum wouldn't have to be embarrassed by their usage?

Or maybe institute a mandatory ban to anyone that can't spell this one particular word correctly? I would suggest a punishment of three weeks, to coincide with any subsequent Grand Tour that follows such a transgression. :D

To be clear:

pele_portrait_t.jpg

+

One-ton_weight.png

is wrong.

Just remember: It's Pelo, like Velo...get it?

PELOTON

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
This thread deserves a face palm

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!!!

Yeh, but that's because after 12,00 posts you still think it is OK to write, 'of' instead of have or 've - e.g. 'should of', 'could of', 'would of' etc etc. Being overly pedantic can be a pain especially on an Internet forum, but sometimes it just has to be said... and please don't take this as a personal attack!!:rolleyes:

And yeh, I'm only 12,594 posts behind you. I've got to admire that level of dedication and stamina.

A

Anonymous

yes, you are being over pedantic

there are many people here whos first language isnt english (or french), there are people here who cant spell or maybe have learning difficulties.

As long as you can understand what they are saying who gives a crap if they spell a few words wrong.

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
there are many people here whos first language isnt english (or french), there are people here who cant spell or maybe have learning difficulties.
QUOTE]

Did you mean to say this;

There are many people here whose first language isn’t English (or French), there are people here who can’t spell or maybe have learning difficulties.

I'm only joking.:)

Your point is a valid one, but hey, we all at least could learn to spell peloton!

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!!!

TeamSkyFans said:
As long as you can understand what they are saying who gives a crap if they spell a few words wrong.

Wow. Just...wow.

In other words:

1) Don't sweat the small stuff.
2) Don't take this forum too seriously.

:rolleyes:

I probably should've recruited this guy to help my cause...

21280259.jpg

It's times like these that I really miss BroDeal.
:D

TRENDING THREADS