Jack Bobridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2009
1,311
0
0
This guy is the "clean one" with the uber high undoped V02 max. blahahahaha! This guy did 4:14.427...That is UNREAL to say the least. Wiggins did 4:16.3 in Athens. A (jacked) Boardman did 4:11 in the SUPERMAN position which is now illegal.

1st Team Pursuit, World Track Championships - Juniors
1st Team Pursuit Australian National Track Championships
1st Madison, Australian National Track Championships
3rd Overall Tour of the Murray River
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,854
1
0
I am not gonna pot Bobridge or deify. But when I was talking about Phinney wearing a Dopers suck hat, but rocking the cap with Armstrong. So, are the people who criticised me, gonna criticize BigBoat for going a young rider? I never even intimated Phinney was anything but clean, but got hauled over for it. Anyone gonna haul Bigboat?

Thats a good time eh BigBoat.

No flames.
 
Mar 18, 2009
324
0
0
Shameful. These are two young clean men and all's you can do is...

Just joking. They're on the program with everyone else. For some people it's as if they believe that young people are less likely to dope. My experience is the opposite. My experience was gimme gimme gimme.
 
Mar 13, 2009
683
0
0
Give it a rest Bigboat. The boy is clean as far as im concerned and has no connections to any dubious characters in the sport. He doesn't deserve to be tarnished by your broad brush.
 
Mar 13, 2009
683
0
0
Just like to add that conditions in Adelaide were clearly fast as Rohan Denis also went under Wiggin's Beijing time. Either that or they were sharing a room last night hey BB. Might as well paint him with the same brush.
 
May 6, 2009
8,522
1
0
If I were a pro cyclist and somebody was blatantly calling me a doper, I would be having serious words to the management on this site.
 
He is just an exceptional talent...................us Aussies have known about him for years........and Rohen dennis..................and Cameron meyer and Travis.................so BB dont worry there are plenty of Aussie juniior world champions coming through the ranks............
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,854
1
0
craig1985 said:
If I were a pro cyclist and somebody was blatantly calling me a doper, I would be having serious words to the management on this site.

this is always the reflex from the Brits, the Yanks, and the Aussies.

You can pot the dirty Euros all you like, but when it comes to anglophones... they are a protected species, cant allude to anything.

Nothing about Bobridge, but there is embarrassing jingoism in this sport.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,854
1
0
unsheath said:
Just like to add that conditions in Adelaide were clearly fast as Rohan Denis also went under Wiggin's Beijing time.
I googled it, reasonable humidity 70, and 26 late in the afternoon, could not find a temp at 14:00 because I could not be rooted quite frankly.

I thought Adelaide was usually hotter?

Anyway, regardless, that was a great great ride by Bobridge. Pity there is no thread elsewhere on it. Hypothetically, he would not be doing anything anyone else is not. So great ride for the young kid.
 
Jul 24, 2009
142
0
0
Assuming that Wiggins is freakishly talented, i.e. many std. deviations from the mean, and then two young-ins (and another is very close) from the same sports institute shatter his record on the same day then there are only four conclusions?

1/ Australia is very lucky, and has managed to have three seriously freakish outliers, of a caliber as high or higher than Wiggins, in a youth program at the same.

2/ The track was very, very fast. Maybe a tailwind in all directions?

3/ This thread is in the clinic, where it belongs.

4/ There has been some break-through in cycle training or tech and we'll see such fast times all over the world very soon.

If these were set at the Spanish nationals, and all the athletes came from the Fuentes Institute of Clean Cycling, we'd all be a little suspicious?

But then again, maybe I'm just bitter because they're Aussies. :)
 

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
0
0
craig1985 said:
If I were a pro cyclist and somebody was blatantly calling me a doper, I would be having serious words to the management on this site.


If I were a pro cyclist and NOBODY was calling me a doper, I would try harder to get some better results.

What I mean is, it has become completely normal to be called a doper in Pro Cycling when you get stellar results. Can be viewed as a compliment lol.

Now it is one thing to be called a "doper" by an some anonymous poster on a doping gossip forum...

But if LeMond calls you a doper - you know you have reached the BIGTIME!
http://www.publico.es/deportes/240525/greg/lemond/acusa/contador/doparse
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,854
1
0
Polish said:
If I were a pro cyclist and NOBODY was calling me a doper, I would try harder to get some better results.

What I mean is, it has become completely normal to be called a doper in Pro Cycling when you get stellar results. Can be viewed as a compliment lol.

Now it is one thing to be called a "doper" by an some anonymous poster on a doping gossip forum...

But if LeMond calls you a doper - you know you have reached the BIGTIME!
http://www.publico.es/deportes/240525/greg/lemond/acusa/contador/doparse

+1

right on.

As much as he might find it galling, to be called a doper by BigBoat, is a badge or honour. It is a right of passage. All the stars all called doperz by BB.

Jack should take it as a compliment.
 
Feb 3, 2010
2
0
0
Doping on the track? What?

Can someone tell me who the last track enduro cyclist was that went positive? Doping is the domain of multistage events due to the effects it has on haemotcrit levels, not track.

The AIS program is fantastic and Bobridge has been showing indicators of this talent for years, remember he was one of the main anchors for Australia's TP team when he was only 18!
He is an amazing talent and has got an attitude every coach dreams of! All credit to him and his coach Ian Mackenzie
 
Its surprising that the current U23 World Time Trial Champion would also post good times on the track. :)


Secondly, Adelaide is currently unusually humid due to efefcts of Cyclone up north. No idea whether the increased humidity has any effect on times/track speed.

Regards


Hugh

PS: I have no idea about Track Cycling, but look forward to Jack's long and fruitful career.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,854
1
0
PhysioSam said:
Can someone tell me who the last track enduro cyclist was that went positive? Doping is the domain of multistage events due to the effects it has on haemotcrit levels, not track.

The AIS program is fantastic and Bobridge has been showing indicators of this talent for years, remember he was one of the main anchors for Australia's TP team when he was only 18!
He is an amazing talent and has got an attitude every coach dreams of! All credit to him and his coach Ian Mackenzie

guy might be Australia's first Tour de France winner. Remind me if I am wrong, but you guys have never had a Tour winner no? Evans is patently incapable.
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
PhysioSam said:
Can someone tell me who the last track enduro cyclist was that went positive? Doping is the domain of multistage events due to the effects it has on haemotcrit levels, not track.

The AIS program is fantastic and Bobridge has been showing indicators of this talent for years, remember he was one of the main anchors for Australia's TP team when he was only 18!
He is an amazing talent and has got an attitude every coach dreams of! All credit to him and his coach Ian Mackenzie

I don't want to comment on the youngster's cleanliness since I don't know him or, more importantly; his support staff. As for track riders being cleaner than GT or roadies you haven't studied 6-day history or busts of amateurs in the US. That doesn't mean Bobridge relates to them but the last time a junior or espoir program produced this many stellar talents everyone was suspicious. The coaches then were Russian and East German. When the Berlin wall came down the coaches all moved to.....wait for it.....wait.....your hemisphere. Except for Jiri Mainus and Eddie B...oops.
 
May 6, 2009
8,522
1
0
blackcat said:
this is always the reflex from the Brits, the Yanks, and the Aussies.

You can pot the dirty Euros all you like, but when it comes to anglophones... they are a protected species, cant allude to anything.

Nothing about Bobridge, but there is embarrassing jingoism in this sport.

I give all riders the benefit of the doubt at first. Sorry but I want to hear a bit more reasoning other then speculation of "yep he dopes, because I said so".
 
May 6, 2009
8,522
1
0
blackcat said:
guy might be Australia's first Tour de France winner. Remind me if I am wrong, but you guys have never had a Tour winner no? Evans is patently incapable.

No Aussie has won a GT. No idea if Garmin plan to have him ride a GT this year. If they do, the Vuelta would be a good place for him to ride. Whereas at SKY they have said that all of their riders will be riding at least one GT this season.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
1
0
PhysioSam said:
Can someone tell me who the last track enduro cyclist was that went positive? Doping is the domain of multistage events due to the effects it has on haemotcrit levels, not track.

You are joking right?

You obvious have never heard of the beautiful Tammy Thomas

322518981_04c0c0494e.jpg
 
May 18, 2009
79
0
0
Australia is on the talent search bandwagon at the moment. Ie going round to schools and testing students to find those who are best suited fro particular development programs. Though this results in alot of wasted money, it does also have a few notable success. Essentially riders are provided with everything they need, and high level coaching. This results in the talented people being pushed to acheive the best they can acheive. If they develop the commitment along the way, which most don't, they can go along way. I believe this is why se are seing such results from Bobridge and Dennis, as essentially they have the talent and have been working for this for the last 5 or so years.

Can't say definatelty that they are clean, but there's no way that i could claim that anyone is clean. However i would be suprised if they weren't.
 
Mar 13, 2009
2,890
0
0
High humidity makes a track faster. These were fast conditions, check the finals times. Unless everyone doped the heats and forgot in the final. They are all 2-3 seconds slower.

Still a great ride, yet again in cycling it is very difficult to compare performances that aren't on the same course at the same time..
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
ambrose said:
Australia is on the talent search bandwagon at the moment. Ie going round to schools and testing students to find those who are best suited fro particular development programs. Though this results in alot of wasted money, it does also have a few notable success. Essentially riders are provided with everything they need, and high level coaching. This results in the talented people being pushed to acheive the best they can acheive. If they develop the commitment along the way, which most don't, they can go along way. I believe this is why se are seing such results from Bobridge and Dennis, as essentially they have the talent and have been working for this for the last 5 or so years.

Can't say definatelty that they are clean, but there's no way that i could claim that anyone is clean. However i would be suprised if they weren't.

This is absolute duplicate of East German athletic policy. The coaching staffs then didn't tell the atheletes what they were doing to them. The consequences to the former East German competitors was tragic as those that couldn't stand up to the training were discarded. Those that survived the training endured alot of PED abuse. Check in with some of their products: Ekimov (Russian), Udo Bolts, Jan Ullrich and others. I'm sure none of that is going on as long as there exists some independent oversight. Programs that are dependent on results for funding tend to lose sight of the original intent. Australia seems to have plenty of knowledgable riders to fill that task and it would be great if this program was squeaky clean. US teams from the 80's to 00 could have used more scrutiny, for sure.
 
Mar 13, 2009
2,890
0
0
Oldman said:
This is absolute duplicate of East German athletic policy. The coaching staffs then didn't tell the atheletes what they were doing to them. The consequences to the former East German competitors was tragic as those that couldn't stand up to the training were discarded. Those that survived the training endured alot of PED abuse. Check in with some of their products: Ekimov (Russian), Udo Bolts, Jan Ullrich and others. I'm sure none of that is going on as long as there exists some independent oversight. Programs that are dependent on results for funding tend to lose sight of the original intent. Australia seems to have plenty of knowledgable riders to fill that task and it would be great if this program was squeaky clean. US teams from the 80's to 00 could have used more scrutiny, for sure.

I'm not sure high quality coaching equates to push athletes until they break as it did for the former eastern bloc. It may, I have nothing to do with the AIS so I don't know.
I do know that many children in Australia are tested in schools (through a variety of programs) and are encouraged into sports that they are more likely to succeed in, even if they will not be a star. The idea being if a child is more successful they are more likely to stick with a sport for a healthy lifestyle. Some of these programs have no links with talent ID.
Back on topic...a structured performance program bearing fruit, what a shock. How good were the performances, check the finals and realise it was a fast track. Doping...ask someone closer to these guys.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.