• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

João Almeida - Bota Lume

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm trying to find a good comparison for him. He's the ultimate diesel climber, takes some time to get his engine going but then it never stops. Which is kinda odd considering he's quick and punchy when needed. I also get the feeling he gets better as stage races go on.

I can't lie, I'm a big fan.

i’m also a big fan … he is atm a very complete GC rider. He’s very good at everything but he doesn’t excel at anything, meaning that he can be a top 10 itt, a top 10 climber and a top 10 sprinter in punchy finishes. Not sure yet if someday he can be a winner of a GT or if he will have several top3 GC in GT by the end of his career. Still think that he needs to improve both his positioning and his descending capabilities.

Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
From Previous posts by @Landeirovic English is not his/her first Language but Landeirovic certainly writes better in English than I could write in their "Landeirrovic's" Language I am sure. :)
I'm pretty sure he's Dutch. There 's a crazed UAE fan on wielerflits named Landeirovic, who has been claiming McNulty will beat Evenepoel in the next/upcoming ITT for over two years now. I think it's the same guy. Can't Remember him in this topic prior to Almeida joining UAE.

Just teasing. No offense.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Why is it a shame? He's likeable, he attacks a lot and he is good friends with Masnada...
Stelvio hug in my heart.

img_1200x676$2020_10_22_22_15_59_1769593.jpg

Happy for him, if only to show he's still above Ayuso and should be considered as such by the team. No offense to Ayuso but it would be sad in case Almeida had left QS just to start pulling Ayuso instead of Evenepoel, after thinking he'd get more chances at UAE (which in the long term he obviously won't anyway).

Do you want the same team winning all 3 grand tours? Especially when they beat Masnada and Landa?
Solid argument.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
Happy for him, if only to show he's still above Ayuso and should be considered as such by the team. No offense to Ayuso but it would be sad in case Almeida had left QS just to start pulling Ayuso instead of Evenepoel, after thinking he'd get more chances at UAE (which in the long term he obviously won't anyway).

Solid argument.
How do you do that, when you make the text go big and bold?

Masnada and Landa are popular and charismatic riders

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan
I'm trying to find a good comparison for him. He's the ultimate diesel climber, takes some time to get his engine going but then it never stops. Which is kinda odd considering he's quick and punchy when needed. I also get the feeling he gets better as stage races go on.

I can't lie, I'm a big fan.
Chris Froome.

Just reversed the amount of hair on head and eyebrows

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan and noob

TRENDING THREADS