• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

João Almeida - Bota Lume

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Those glasses are OG.

SEI_82190513-e1630942602967.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
Is there anyone else who wollows this guys whereabouts on Facebook? Today he's using a beat made by a music group that sells beats to people for them to create their own music.

Maybe people use those beats just to set moods on social media. It would be surprising was he writing music on his rest days :eek: :D (In the old video below he talked about how he as a kid danced folk dance and was good at music classes etc)

He said he's a bit face-blind... and both are good looking young men, eh, I mean young men in black adidas t-shirts.
But but I do not think Pogacar is particularly good looking. (Am I allowed to say that? :tearsofjoy:)

Seems I wasn't here when the thread was being shut down so now I never know what I cannot say ;)

But the reason I think they look alike is in expression, not in features. I have noticed it before in their type of combination of "awkwardness" and "arrogance". Like I would look at them and not know whether they're shy or cocky. Might be both. Might just be a language issue. I don't know. But I find it awkward :D

lol @ the picture with everybody in UAE shirt, but then there are two blue shirts on the right.

Curious to see how he will perform, he says he changed everything, from gearing to nutrition. If he does much better or worse than at DQS.
I don't expect him to make a huge jump in performance (either in positive or negative). The logical thing for him would be to become just a little bit stronger than last year. Which means he'd be in the second tier of riders, just behind the elite group of those top 5 riders.

I don't expect him to make a huge jump in performance (either in positive or negative). The logical thing for him would be to become just a little bit stronger than last year. Which means he'd be in the second tier of riders, just behind the elite group of those top 5 riders.
Top 5? Top 5 overall or at the giro? If only at the giro it would be the exact same positionas 2021?

If top 5 overall which are those top 5? I can only think of Rog, Pog (Bernal is now out for a long time), Carapaz, Vingegaard and Mas. But there's more riders I would rank higher than Almeida while I still hope he shall podium at the giro.

Top 5? Top 5 overall or at the giro? If only at the giro it would be the exact same positionas 2021?

If top 5 overall which are those top 5? I can only think of Rog, Pog (Bernal is now out for a long time), Carapaz, Vingegaard and Mas. But there's more riders I would rank higher than Almeida while I still hope he shall podium at the giro.
He means overall.

Behind Pog, Rog, Carapaz, Evenepoel and Van Wilder. Duh.

I'm kidding, but there's also still guys like Vlasov, Carthy, Yates 1, Yates 2... And that's assuming Dumoulin, Kelderman, Buchmann, Landa, Bardet... are "over".

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
He means overall.

Behind Pog, Rog, Carapaz, Evenepoel and Van Wilder. Duh.

I'm kidding, but there's also still guys like Vlasov, Carthy, Yates 1, Yates 2... And that's assuming Dumoulin, Kelderman, Buchmann, Landa, Bardet... are "over".
Imho, for a GT GC field:

Pogacac, Roglic, Bernal, Carapaz (+ Van Wilder and Masnada)

Mas, Vingegaard, Almeida, Yates x2, Vlasov, Carthy, Remco, Kelderman, Landa, Buchman, Bardet, Uran, Dumoulin, GT, Gaudu and a couple of others I'm forgetting.

See everyone is going to have a different top 5 as there is no such thing apart from UCI points etc and they don't say a lot about GT GC so we are all guessing here <3 :D

Reactions: Sandisfan

I meant overall. But not only among GC riders. It's difficult to rank riders in tiers anyway. If I put some thought into it, I'd probably have a first tier of only Pogačar, Roglič, Van Aert. In 2nd tier probably Alaphilippe (he'd be in first, but not enough wins last season), Van der Poel, Ganna, Colbrelli, Evenepoel (maybe a bit generous but I believe he'll have a strong year), Bernal. Then I'd have Almeida (if he improves from last year like it's expected) in the third tier with other strong riders like Carapaz, Asgreen, Valverde, Mohorič, Vingegaard, Yates, some of the top sprinters and a bunch of other riders.

Yes, I rate him highly. He can climb, TT, he is punchy, has a good sprint, can last for the three weeks of a GT... He can do it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
I meant overall. But not only among GC riders. It's difficult to rank riders in tiers anyway. If I put some thought into it, I'd probably have a first tier of only Pogačar, Roglič, Van Aert. In 2nd tier probably Alaphilippe (he'd be in first, but not enough wins last season), Van der Poel, Ganna, Colbrelli, Evenepoel (maybe a bit generous but I believe he'll have a strong year), Bernal. Then I'd have Almeida (if he improves from last year like it's expected) in the third tier with other strong riders like Carapaz, Asgreen, Valverde, Mohorič, Vingegaard, Yates, some of the top sprinters and a bunch of other riders.

Yes, I rate him highly. He can climb, TT, he is punchy, has a good sprint, can last for the three weeks of a GT... He can do it all.

Oh, this list and tiers are closer to the UCI 2021 points and while I migth put Remco in third overall I do agree with the overall. And definitely with how you describe Almeida here :)

TRENDING THREADS