• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Wizard of Visma

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I remember he said he had Covid during preparation. Was that in January or in February if anyone happens to know? Cause now I actually checked that he was in Tenerife on 7. february, but later on in the month I didn't see him in any photos that Wout or the others were posting.

I don't think he's had Covid this year (at least I haven't heard about it, and I haven't been able to find confirmation either). And he said he had just finished a long training camp when he won Drôme Classic.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I don't think he's had Covid this year (at least I haven't heard about it, and I haven't been able to find confirmation either). And he said he had just finished a long training camp when he won Drôme Classic.

This is from his win interview last week, so I assumed he had it recently.

You contracted Covid-19 during the preparation which particularly weakened you. Does that make this victory even more special?

" No. It's not the first time I've said this, but there are no races more special than another. Yes I had the Covid, yes I was a little sick, but that's no excuse not to participate or not to win a race. »

How important was this race to you for your recovery?

“It was of particular importance because it is good to have a good start to the season. »

This is from his win interview last week, so I assumed he had it recently.

You contracted Covid-19 during the preparation which particularly weakened you. Does that make this victory even more special?

" No. It's not the first time I've said this, but there are no races more special than another. Yes I had the Covid, yes I was a little sick, but that's no excuse not to participate or not to win a race. »

How important was this race to you for your recovery?

“It was of particular importance because it is good to have a good start to the season. »

It's just a bit weird that it hasn't been heavily reported in Danish media then.

He wasn't feeling good on the bike today, but it's very early to conclude that he's lost his level from last year. He porbably won't be able to challenge Pogacar for the win now, but if he's feeling better in the next days he's still in the battle for the podium.

He has sometimes off days after coming back from altitude (Jebel Hafeet and Dauphiné last season) and also minor days in the first stages of a stage race,for example he was suffering a lot in second stage of Basque Country to stay with the favourites group.
Maybe that was the case yesterday, but still counting on him for the hard stages for sure.

Last edited:
The only thing annoying to me was that he managed to get everyone to pull both yesterday and today. Him hitting the ground with Vlasov was more fun than annoying to watch. What surprises me is that the peleton takes his lead :joycat:

In the breakaway it's just logic to act as he did.

I am curious about what Horner is gonna say tonight :joycat:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Because... he didn't pull while having a teammate in yellow?
Is Carlos annoying too as he got dragged by Soler for kilometeres?
Or is a concept of team sport and having tactical advantage in numbers and GC positions annoying?

Yeah as a number two in last years Tour you are passed the situation where this kind of *** riding is acceptable for me.

With Rodriguez I did not like it much either, but at least that is a youngster who was already out of contention for GC. Vingegaard is not. In fact one might argue that after last years Tour he was the most proven GC rider at the front. So *** tactics. Especially the moment where he did enter the train, only to tell the third guy to take over when he was in second place.

So because you don't like it he should pull with Roglic in yellow behind, so then big daddy Horner can call him a knucklehead on YouTube... And the bottom line is that whatever you do, someone will be salty and call you names...

TRENDING THREADS