• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Wizard of Visma

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pog even said that Vinge is the man to beat. Its a psychlogical war - putting pressure on Vinge who is a shy and not confident guy.

However, the fact that Pog does it means that he really fears Vinge, who is in the best form of his life this summer. I do believe he can match Pog in the mountains (except cold days ofc) and threaten his leadership esp. on one of many hot days to come.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It might not be crazy to think of Jonas as the 2nd best GC rider in the world at this time (summer 2022). Roglic has proven more, but can he still be as strong as peak Roglic from 2020 and 2021? It's a moot point now (for this TDF), with Roglic's crash injuries.

Pogi is full of praise for Jonas - which makes Pogi even more likeable…

Jonas in fact has an answer to every attack of Pogi. He seems even closer to Pogi than in 2021. If Pogi makes the slightest mistake during the three weeks of the Tour, Jonas will immediately drop him.

Armstrong vs Ullrich never was even close. Armstrong was much faster. Pogi vs Jonas reminds me of Contador vs Schleck: they are almost equal.

Glad that Primoz, Wout and Jonas will stay together at Jumbo until at least December 31, 2024. These three are a real dream team, have become friends and are strongest when they race together. Three super likeable sportsmen, three fighters, with great, positive attitude, and with great strength. This TdF, I only miss Rohan Dennis - they will be even better with him. Gladly, van Hooydonck seems to do a great job.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Glad that Primoz, Wout and Jonas will stay together at Jumbo until at least December 31, 2024. These three are a real dream team, have become friends and are strongest when they race together.
Can't agree with that... Roglic is the strongest when he has a team by his side, that is fully committed to him and they don't have 187373 other goals. Give him the same team as last year for the Vuelta and he'll win it.

Reactions: Elos Anjos
Strange that some of you need to tell yourself Roglic is the strongest, Vingegaard is shy, that he doesn't respond well in interviews and what not.

Today was a great win in a stage that will go down in history for being super exciting and very well executes by Jumbo Visma. If you don't line it at least respect it, because you cannot deny it unless you are a fool.

Like I said before in another thread, Roglic is not as good as Jonas at least in a 3 week GC and he never will be again. I think we can establish that fact looking at last year's TDF and this year's, so far.

But Roglic should get a lot of respect for laying himself flat down and give the captain's role to Jonas. And smashing in the door with his vicious attacks. Very big respect.

Today they gave us a cycling race one can only dream of in a GC. It was magnificent

He always knew he had bigger fish to fry, maybe even a whale. Well done, Chris Harper!

dcx-83084672-20210715150729

gpkTE5oDg1iHYYs-.jpg

24149665-cycling-france.jpg

Strange that some of you need to tell yourself Roglic is the strongest, Vingegaard is shy, that he doesn't respond well in interviews and what not.

Today was a great win in a stage that will go down in history for being super exciting and very well executes by Jumbo Visma. If you don't line it at least respect it, because you cannot deny it unless you are a fool.

Like I said before in another thread, Roglic is not as good as Jonas at least in a 3 week GC and he never will be again. I think we can establish that fact looking at last year's TDF and this year's, so far.

But Roglic should get a lot of respect for laying himself flat down and give the captain's role to Jonas. And smashing in the door with his vicious attacks. Very big respect.

Today they gave us a cycling race one can only dream of in a GC. It was magnificent
Wholeheartedly agree, but unfortunately dont think thats the case. Some of the most extreme Roglic-fans on this forum mostly reminds me of the hardcore Alberto Contador-cult despite Roglic rode an absolutely magnificent race today and totally enabled Vingegaard.

In this shape, it would be a shame not to try to win on the Alpe. You never know, this might be his best chance ever (most likely), and to win on the Alpe as a climber in the maillot jaune is something you will have forever. But he needs to drop Pogi, and Pogi will stay hungry!

TRENDING THREADS