• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Wizard of Visma

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm very interested to see where they go next year with him, i.e. does Jumbo send him into the Tour as co-leader with Roglic in order to gang-up on Pogacar? (it starts in Denmark as well, so that's added incentive). Or do they take the same route they did with Roglic & send him into the Giro & Vuelta in order to get a first GT? Then there's all the 1 week races as well.

Tough decisions ahead, because although both Vingegaard & Roglic appear super close & super motivated to help each other & the team, there can only be one winner.

I'm very interested to see where they go next year with him, i.e. does Jumbo send him into the Tour as co-leader with Roglic in order to gang-up on Pogacar? (it starts in Denmark as well, so that's added incentive). Or do they take the same route they did with Roglic & send him into the Giro & Vuelta in order to get a first GT? Then there's all the 1 week races as well.

Tough decisions ahead, because although both Vingegaard & Roglic appear super close & super motivated to help each other & the team, there can only be one winner.

I recently read in some interview that they were already planning him as a second GC guy for this year's Tour (to put pressure on Pog). Undoubtedly he won't be a domestique anymore, at least the second leader. They may even give him a leader role in Giro or Vuelta next year. As for next Tour's battle with Pog I'm not sure it will happen at all - maybe Pog will decide to go for Giro/Vuelta double. I would like to see that for a change (it can influence JV plans regarding Jonas as well).

It's quite remarkable how Jumbo picked up:
-an ex ski springer who then turns into a world class GT racer
-an ex fish factory worker who then turns into a world class GT racer

Guess Ineos is just looking in the wrong places looking for promising young cyclists and buy them away from other teams. Just look in other places

A snooker player? Chances are he's also British.

It's quite remarkable how Jumbo picked up:
-an ex ski springer who then turns into a world class GT racer
-an ex fish factory worker who then turns into a world class GT racer

Guess Ineos is just looking in the wrong places looking for promising young cyclists and buy them away from other teams. Just look in other places
Maybe if they'll check CN forums they'll discover one of us.

The Tour is still Jumbo's main objective. From what I've seen they don't care that much about Giro/Vuelta. Roglic wasn't supposed to be their man in Vuelta in the last 2 seasons if he would've actually won the Tour.

Given that the best shot to make Pog lose is to make him chase and the start is in Denmark, Jonas is gonna be 80 % in Tour 2022 as co-leader with Roglic and maybe even Dumo. Also I think in 2022 we might see TTTs again to put Pog in a bit of a disadvantage therefore even more reasons to bring Jonas.

Steven will probably have his last shot at GTs in the next Giro.

The Tour is still Jumbo's main objective. From what I've seen they don't care that much about Giro/Vuelta. Roglic wasn't supposed to be their man in Vuelta in the last 2 seasons if he would've actually won the Tour.

Given that the best shot to make Pog lose is to make him chase and the start is in Denmark, Jonas is gonna be 80 % in Tour 2022 as co-leader with Roglic and maybe even Dumo. Also I think in 2022 we might see TTTs again to put Pog in a bit of a disadvantage therefore even more reasons to bring Jonas.

Steven will probably have his last shot at GTs in the next Giro.
Of course their primary aim is the Tour. That’s true for every team (except maybe some Belgian squads).

I wouldn’t be surprised if they took a similar path to this year; name a TdF squad early, featuring all the strongest 3-week GC riders. Go all-in to win it. The only difference I can see is giving Vingo protected status earlier in the Tour, and probably making sure they have more of a protective bubble around Vingo and Rog in the peloton during week 1.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Meet Jonas Vingegaard: Inside the early fish market mornings and a ‘Great Danish Bake Off’ star for a mother-in-law | Cycling Weekly

Turns out, Valgren also used to work in the same fish-market! If there are any other up-and-coming rider in Thy, they'll be lining up for a job! Clearly how you make it big, coming from those parts.

Hmm, it sounds a bit fishy to me.

jv.jpg

The three stars of the Tour and Richard Carapaz's ear.

I don't see Jumbo straying far from "take all your best guys to the Tour", at least until they win it, so I expect we will Jonas and Rogla both do the TdF next year. How they go about it is another story though.
It will be interesting to see who they'll bring. Roglic, Vingegaard, van Aert and Kuss seem certainties. Likely Dennis instead of Martin. Some Dutch riders needed as well. I'm thinking Teunissen and Gesink. Only leaves 1 spot for several candidates.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS