• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Wizard of Visma

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Will he be selected ? I can't find much one day pedigree.

After the stage Sunday, Anders Lund was talking about his "evil plans", which appear to be selecting Jonas.

There should be some kind of dress code that forbids a TDF winner from returning to the race, if he wears pants like Vingegaard's with the yellow jersey.

I suppose people would have wanting/expecting him to wear the jersey. And full cycling kit would definitely be an odd look.

After the stage Sunday, Anders Lund was talking about his "evil plans", which appear to be selecting Jonas.

I suppose people would have wanting/expecting him to wear the jersey. And full cycling kit would definitely be an odd look.

1: Maybe the evil part is that he'll give him Norsgaard's spare bike after a mechanical.

2: He should have worn yellow or black pants.

cc38ae8c-3b81-463e-938f-378103c154db.jpg

600 kg carrot cake. I think there'll be a slice for everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
Correct me if I‘m wrong, but I think Jonas‘ TdF 2022 with an average of more than 42 kms/hr was the fastest TdF ever. I think Lance Armstrong‘s TdF 2005 was the fastest one before 2022 (41.65 kms/hr?)…

So Jonas Vingegaard showed that he is faster, stronger and more powerful than Lance. He sprints better, climbs better, time trials better. The question now will be, can Jonas make it eight in a row (2022-2029)? Can he win more TdF than Lance, and can he win them all in a row?

He proved he‘s faster and stronger than Lance, now he could show that he has more endurance than Lance - by winning TdF ftom 2022 to 2029, every year… :)

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Correct me if I‘m wrong, but I think Jonas‘ TdF 2022 with an average of more than 42 kms/hr was the fastest TdF ever. I think Lance Armstrong‘s TdF 2005 was the fastest one before 2022 (41.65 kms/hr?)…

So Jonas Vingegaard showed that he is faster, stronger and more powerful than Lance. He sprints better, climbs better, time trials better. The question now will be, can Jonas make it eight in a row (2022-2029)? Can he win more TdF than Lance, and can he win them all in a row?

He proved he‘s faster and stronger than Lance, now he could show that he has more endurance than Lance - by winning TdF ftom 2022 to 2029, every year… :)

Lol.

Yes, it was the fastest Tour, the rest of the takes can absolutely not be deduced from that fact...

Reactions: Sandisfan
Read that he's struggling mentally a bit after the Tour de France. Not sure how accurate it is, but if so, he should take as long a break from the limelight and sport as he needs. I can imagine it can be very very difficult to relax and adjust once you that race is over, especially for someone who seems quite introverted.

Reactions: noob
Read that he's struggling mentally a bit after the Tour de France. Not sure how accurate it is, but if so, he should take as long a break from the limelight and sport as he needs. I can imagine it can be very very difficult to relax and adjust once you that race is over, especially for someone who seems quite introverted.

When you become a King of Denmark overnight it sure can be a bit much.

TRENDING THREADS