• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Wizard of Visma

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't he podium T-A (or one of the major one week races)? Plus second in Dauphne.

I think he takes it with Lombardia. It wasn't an average Tour. He beat Tadej Freakin Pogacar, a dominant rider in his prime.
2nd in TA and Dauphine. But he didn't win them.

I don't think 2nd in those races warrants much consideration, but winning them could sway some difference if you add it to the fact that the Tour is simply a bigger race than the Vuelta. But I guess you can also argue TA or Dauphine is canceled out by CSS.

The Tour is the Tour. Nothing is more important than that.
Hinault, indurain, anquetil, mercx are recognized in every place in the world by the number of tours the they won. Like armstrong even after what happened.

But no one is denying that the Tour is the more important race of the calendar just that its more important than LBL, La Vuelta and The WCRR together (3 of the 9 major races of a non Olympic season).

And this is a cycling forum so we care about actual results during a season not just what most people around think and I am fairly sure many of those still don't know who Vingegård, Thomas or Bernal are.

Reactions: Jumbo Visma Fan :)
Jul 12, 2022
Visit site
First, nobody asked Evenepoel, and he'd very likely say no. Secondly, that position would basically make the Velo d'Or redundant, cause you can just hand it out to the TdF winner every year.

Every year someone wins the Tour. That doesn't make the Tour winner the most standout rider of the peloton every year.
Indeed, that wouldn't be fair or accurate. I do also think Evenepoel deserves it. But i still believe a Tour win would be of more value than those victories combined in terms of publicity and personal ambition as a pro rider.

But no one is denying that the Tour is the more important race of the calendar just that its more important than LBL, La Vuelta and The WCRR together (3 of the 9 major races of a non Olympic season).

And this is a cycling forum so we care about actual results during a season not just what most people around think and I am fairly sure many of those still don't know who Vingegård, Thomas or Bernal are.
Besides what i said, vingegaard beat the great tadej pogacar, and with some of the best performances we saw in this century, in the mountains. That's great results.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Indeed, that wouldn't be fair or accurate. I do also think Evenepoel deserves it. But i still believe a Tour win would be of more value than those victories combined in terms of publicity and personal ambition as a pro rider.
Publicity, most likely. Personal ambition, I highly doubt it - Remco is Belgian, Liege means A LOT, especially winning in that fashion after a mediocre spring. The Vuelta? Half of the forum for some strange reason doubted he could ever win a GT, and so did everyone else, so thats obviously extremely big as well, and a Worlds title alá Eddy? No way youre taking a TdF win instead of three of these big wins.

Reactions: Big Doopie

TRENDING THREADS