• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Wizard of Visma

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pogacar got 3rd in the final ITT in 2022. Also won a mountain stage and got 2nd on Hautacam in the 3rd week. That's very poor evidence of fading.

In 2021 he won the final 2 MTFs. And when he destroye everyone on stage 9 it was more down to the horrendous weather, I doubt he takes 3'30 if it's dry weather and the stage before isn't 250km.

In 2021 his last ITT was weaker compared to the first (which was thermonuclear). His peak form was in the first part of the Tour then (two watt bombs) but other than that last ITT (when he didn't have to go for it anyway) no signs of fading indeed.

Pogacar didn't seem too weak on stage 20 of the 2019 Vuelta or the 2020 Tour, though.

In neither he was up against Vingegaard, and that is the comparison we are talking about.

Compared to Vingegaard Pogacar has a slightly worse ability to recover towards the end of a GT.

That may change, if Pogacar rides a conservative Tour focused on conserving strength this year, but thus far it has been the case.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Pogacar got 3rd in the final ITT in 2022. Also won a mountain stage and got 2nd on Hautacam in the 3rd week. That's very poor evidence of fading.

In 2021 he won the final 2 MTFs. And when he destroye everyone on stage 9 it was more down to the horrendous weather, I doubt he takes 3'30 if it's dry weather and the stage before isn't 250km.

As said, this is the head to head comparison and small percentages.

Nobody is saying Pogacar is a poor GT rider because of his recovery ability, I'm just saying it's one of the few areas where Vingegaard is marginally better.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Vingegaard and his wife have an interesting relationship, she's quite a few years older and seems to act almost as a custodian or a kind of mentor. I'm sure she knows what she's doing and understands that there's no real need for him to sign a renewal with Jumbo right now. The only reason would be that he doesn't like uncertainty about his future.
Apparently she doesn't agree :) He just signed for 5 more years at Jumbo, or whatever the team will be called.

To be honest they should rather just use a real image of Jonas then to utilize AI like that. The real image of Jonas as a kid looks good. AI, well ... Won't say more.

Congratulations on contract extension!

They used deep fake technology famous for other weird reasons (18+ content etc.).

It's bad & I'm just glad Rogla didn't get this sort of cringe treatment. It makes kid Jonas look like a creepy ventriloquist dummy from a horror movie.

TRENDING THREADS