• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Wizard of Visma

Page 64 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why do you associate Vingegaard with Michael Rasmussen and Bjarne Riis??! In addition to him being Danish and a cyclist, there are light years between their and his accomplishments, morals and ethics. I think it's *** and a disparagement of such a great athlete..... just plain ***. You should be ashamed! :mad: Imagine if someone did the same to Podgacar, G. Thomas, Remco Evenepool or Egon Banal...... I can't believe that you are bike enthusiasts with such associations You have started the thread about Jonas Vingegaard - Shame on you!

Why do you associate Vingegaard with Michael Rasmussen and Bjarne Riis??! In addition to him being Danish and a cyclist, there are light years between their and his accomplishments, morals and ethics. I think it's *** and a disparagement of such a great athlete..... just plain ***. You should be ashamed! :mad: Imagine if someone did the same to Podgacar, G. Thomas, Remco Evenepool or Egon Banal...... I can't believe that you are bike enthusiasts with such associations You have started the thread about Jonas Vingegaard - Shame on you!
Like comparing Evenepoel with Merckx?

Who is Egon Banal?

Hey, calm down and take care of your blood pressure :D

If you refer to clinic links, it's up to your own over-interpretation. In fact it's possible to name other riders with other common denominators than a dark shadow.

Otherwise you have visited the wrong forum, and you are welcome to rage further in The Clinic.

But speaking dizzing riders, is it really necessary to spoil Pogaçar's, Remco Evenepoel's and Egan Bernal's names?
Ok, this was an on-purpose over-interpretation, but try at least to check the names before bragging of spoiling another rider's name.

Another title suggestion:
"Vingegaard - best fishing factory employee on a bike in this decade".

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Like comparing Evenepoel with Merckx?
Ok must admit, this sounds bizarre.

However, the other guy he mentions...Evenepool...we better watch out.

These years, young riders pop out of nowhere, like injured footballers, injured ski jumpers, fishing factory workers, gardeners and housewives, who start something more gentle ways of living in the pro cycling world and suddenly push more familiar names off the podiums to get space here.

But at least he warned us this time.

I didn't mean to disrespect the other riders names...sorry. I admit I didn't get their names written correctly....Probably because it was a bit fast getting it written.
But it is an honor for Remco Evenepoel to be compared to Eddy Merckx. That cannot be said about your comparison of Vingegaard with Riis and Rasmussen...... It would be the same as comparing Vincenzo Nibali with Riccardo Riccò ........... it is disrespectful

Reactions: RedheadDane
I didn't mean to disrespect the other riders names...sorry. I admit I didn't get their names written correctly....Probably because it was a bit fast getting it written.
But it is an honor for Remco Evenepoel to be compared to Eddy Merckx. That cannot be said about your comparison of Vingegaard with Riis and Rasmussen...... It would be the same as comparing Vincenzo Nibali with Riccardo Riccò ........... it is disrespectful
The way I see it is that those three Danish guys all had the same one goal in mind, which was to reach a level that made it possible for them to win the Tour de France, and they all managed to achieve it.

I'd rather be confused with Riis or Rasmussen than Chris Harper to be honest.

And it's not like I've gone overboard and made a reference to the cartoon "Help! I'm a Fish", which is about a young boy who gets turned into a yellow fish after drinking a potion made by a mad scientist.
View: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RqqOVo6q5J0

I'm a little yellow fish in the deep blue sea
Won't somebody help me
Won't somebody save me

Do you wanna know how living is beneath the waves
Do you wanna know how everything I knew was changed
It wasn't such a big commotion
All you need is magic potion

• Haha

Won't somebody help me
Won't somebody save me

I mean the song was also a major reason why I didn't want to reference the film.

• Haha
If Nibali (or Aru for that matter) were compared with Pantani, that too would be a great honour. Riis is no different.

If Nibali (or Aru for that matter) were compared with Pantani, that too would be a great honour. Riis is no different.
Hey, we could compare Riis‘ results before 1993 to those afterwards. Is his improvement in climbing comparable to that of Geraint Thomas? I know some people are more angry about Geraint Thomas‘ Tour win than Bjarne‘s and I‘m sure there are plenty of people who would object to Riis and Pantani being similar in terms of comparisons. I would agree, though, to me you can compare people to Riis or Ricco or whoever, especially because this part of the forum is reserved for the actual racing and not the PED component.

I'd rather be confused with Riis or Rasmussen than Chris Harper to be honest.

And it's not like I've gone overboard and made a reference to the cartoon "Help! I'm a Fish", which is about a young boy who gets turned into a yellow fish after drinking a potion made by a mad scientist.
Look I'm serious here. I'm with my new favorite poster above. People that want to hate & clown can go straight to the clinic discussion with Rackham & Rackham's buddies. The title should be non-judgmental and to mention someone with ****** **** in the same sentence is the worst most insulting thing I can think of.

Won't somebody help me
Won't somebody save me

The Danish band Aqua, had a song called "we belong to the sea" . The music video had a fish(vinge) in a small aquarium which was released into the sea by Lene Nystrøm in the end.
And it seems Vinge was born to be released onto the TDF.....not to the arctic sea

why am i telling a bunch of danish about Aqua?

and i always assume Vinge to be related or look like to the resident red headed danish girl ..dunno why

• Wow
Hey, we could compare Riis‘ results before 1993 to those afterwards. Is his improvement in climbing comparable to that of Geraint Thomas? I know some people are more angry about Geraint Thomas‘ Tour win than Bjarne‘s and I‘m sure there are plenty of people who would object to Riis and Pantani being similar in terms of comparisons. I would agree, though, to me you can compare people to Riis or Ricco or whoever, especially because this part of the forum is reserved for the actual racing and not the PED component.

If Merckx can be spoken of freely & riders can be compared to him, then surely Bjarne Riis is fair as well (or are we hypocrites?). I see no tangible difference between them in terms of morality, just different racing eras & slightly different approaches to their winnings ways, albeit not by much (small details, basically).

And Riis is still a TdF champion. He's on the palmarès.

Look I'm serious here. I'm with my new favorite poster above. People that want to hate & clown can go straight to the clinic discussion with Rackham & Rackham's buddies. The title should be non-judgmental and to mention someone with ****** **** in the same sentence is the worst most insulting thing I can think of.

You should relax, i.e. there's some pretty hardcore cycling fans in this forum with a very long memory & you know what? There's not much "judgmentalism" going on here as far as I'm concerned (nor is there much hypocrisy either, thankfully), just a bunch of cycling fanatics who can appreciate riders from every era, every generation & have a realistic appraisal about the sport itself over the decades. The clinic is just somewhere where people can let their hair down & delve into the funky stuff. It's one of my favorite parts of the forum tbh (a must read during July's yearly nuclear performances aka guaranteed laughs all around).

Bjarne Riis, Rasmussen... what's the big deal? The title is pretty complimentary to Vingegaard actually, i.e. it's basically saying he'd blow those guys away easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. That's what Vingegaard fans dream of, isn't it? i.e. for example him winning the Tour once more & crushing Pogacar.

In terms of pursuit of performance, Vingegaard reached insane levels last year & probably will again in the 2023 TdF. I expect him to show signs of that in the Dauphiné next week (although he probably won't have to go deep at all, so we'll just get a few glimpses of the true power he has in his legs).

Reactions: Krzysztof_O

TRENDING THREADS