• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Wizard of Visma

Page 67 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean he followed a rider, then that rider blew up and he rode away from him. At least he‘s better than the riders who sit behind their teammates as long as possible but this wasn‘t really peak entertainment either. Already a better race than the Giro, still
Pogacar did exactly the same to Vingegaard in Paris-Nice... strangely, there it wasn't seen as boring. Now how could that be...

Reactions: Mlarsen
Can we stop now saying that vingegaard winning is not good for the sport, and that he is not entertaining?!
While his solo here and in Itzulia were great exhibitions, the style in which he did them was unspectacular. Starts the climb near the front, monitors his rivals, sticks to the two who made a move, waits until they are done, and then he just gradually increases the speed and disappears. No spectacular attack. He just wins, and it looks so easy.

Reactions: Mlarsen
While his solo here and in Itzulia were great exhibitions, the style in which he did them was unspectacular. Starts the climb near the front, monitors his rivals, sticks to the two who made a move, waits until they are done, and then he just gradually increases the speed and disappears. No spectacular attack. He just wins, and it looks so easy.
Don't you like when people ride smartly? This should be the most effective way to strangle your rivals unless you have one of the best climbers to just ride everyone off the wheel. No need for explosive attacks when your w/kg is just higher.

Don't you like when people ride smartly? This should be the most effective way to strangle your rivals unless you have one of the best climbers to just ride everyone off the wheel. No need for explosive attacks when your w/kg is just higher.
We are viewers/audience not the team’s DS. So yeah, we like to see attacking, no secret there—it’s always been that way. And we can also appreciate a power-watts guy riding opponents off his wheel. But one is usually (though not always) more engaging than the other.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Apart from Paris Nice, Vingegård is reminding me of prime Contador this season. Trying to win every race and in an attacking manner.

Two levels above any of his Tour rivals with the exception of Pogačar whose shape in unknown for now.
The way he rode away from Carapaz while seated also reminded me of how Contador cracked Fränk Schleck on Montagne de Lure in the 2009 Paris-Nice.

We are viewers/audience not the team’s DS. So yeah, we like to see attacking, no secret there—it’s always been that way. And we can also appreciate a power-watts guy riding opponents off his wheel. But one is usually (though not always) more engaging than the other.
I don't really care if its one way or the other, as long as the tempo is high and there's some seperation I can't be bothered if your tactic is to make huge watt surges during and attack or just riding an insanely high tempo.

Reactions: Sciatic
What is he gonna do the other stages, cause he can win each of them, but is that erally the best Tour prep and is that the best Tour prep for your team?
I think he should just follow wheels tomorrow and on sunday. Saturday on croix de fer, he should attack, even if he got a good advantage. He should attack on croix de fer to test his legs on a 30 min effort, and see what he can do at the moment on that type of climbs. It's important for him to see how he really is in terms of power on that type of climbs 3 weeks before the tour. He should go full gas.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS