• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Wizard of Visma

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5 vs 9 minute effort is a substantial difference (the second is 80% longer). The first is basically VO2max effort, the latter a few percent lower (how much lower it's individual). I would say very comparable, maybe Primoz's looks a bit more impressive but let's remember that he's a monster on a few minute long climbs.

Reactions: VayaVayaVaya
If anyone is wondering why Vingegaard was emotional yesterday:

Danish newspaper B.T. writes today, that his wife and child is in Annecy currently (they stay there often), and the playground that got attacked is one they frequent almost daily, they just randomly decided not to go yesterday :openmouth:

And in happier news, the fact that she's his wife is news - at least to the public - too.

I'm 90 % confident that this is what ideal prep looks like, but I also have 10 % doubt. This is Jumbo, being too good too soon is a real possibility.
I really don't think so. Besides jumbo being the best team in terms of training, Vingegaard already showed this type of performance on last year's dauphine. He is not yeat on peak shape, and clearly he wasn't full gas on croix fer, even if he won the stage.