• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jorg Jaksche Speaks

jmdirt said:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/05/news/puerto-refugee-jaksche-remains-skeptical-a-wolf-cannot-change-its-fur_407024

VN: You don’t believe there is a new culture in cycling? That a new generation has come in without doping?

JJ: It is very difficult to trust the sport of cycling. I have a real problem with some of these managers. They ran teams that were winning at the high times of EPO doping, so it’s a little bit hard for me to believe today they are winning today on pan e aqua. A wolf cannot change his fur. Today, they tell you that because Lance Armstrong is out of the sport, that doping is out of the sport as well. Wait a minute — nearly every team director had something to do with doping. The hypocrisy still runs deep in cycling.

VN: So you insist that it’s naïve to believe that today’s winners are clean?

JJ: I often hope that things are as good and perfect as they tell us, but to be honest, the guys are racing faster today than when everyone was on EPO. Genetics doesn’t change in 10 years. Should we believe it that they are suddenly as fast as when EPO was widespread? You have to make up your own mind.

May 6, 2016
Visit site
thehog said:
jmdirt said:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/05/news/puerto-refugee-jaksche-remains-skeptical-a-wolf-cannot-change-its-fur_407024

VN: You don’t believe there is a new culture in cycling? That a new generation has come in without doping?

JJ: It is very difficult to trust the sport of cycling. I have a real problem with some of these managers. They ran teams that were winning at the high times of EPO doping, so it’s a little bit hard for me to believe today they are winning today on pan e aqua. A wolf cannot change his fur. Today, they tell you that because Lance Armstrong is out of the sport, that doping is out of the sport as well. Wait a minute — nearly every team director had something to do with doping. The hypocrisy still runs deep in cycling.

VN: So you insist that it’s naïve to believe that today’s winners are clean?

JJ: I often hope that things are as good and perfect as they tell us, but to be honest, the guys are racing faster today than when everyone was on EPO. Genetics doesn’t change in 10 years. Should we believe it that they are suddenly as fast as when EPO was widespread? You have to make up your own mind.

Some names come to mind. As fast and in some cases faster, in relation to their climbing times. Froome, Valverde, Rodriguez, Quintana, ect to name a few. Are we meant to believe that they were/are doing this on bread and water alone. We are told all the time about marginal gains, better training techniques, special diets, better equipment and all that. Human evolutionary sporting performance does not change in a time span of ten years.

This part rings true:

VN: And then Armstrong was busted, and you participated in the USADA report, why did you agree to cooperate?
JJ: I was very surprised, because everyone thought Armstrong was untouchable. But when you get the public prosecutor involved, it was clear it was not funny anymore. I was part of this USADA report because I wanted to be transparent and help change cycling, but I have to say in retrospect, it was a mistake to have testified. The USADA report wasn’t about truth and honesty and change, it was only about going after Lance. I am almost embarrassed to have been part of this report, because it is so biased. All these people that testified, the only picture they draw is that Lance was evil, and that he made them dope. Well, that’s not true, because they continued to dope when they were on other teams!

Edit: It's a shame there was no talk baout di Luca's coming out

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Was it Rory Sutherland's father that worked at Sky in year zero?

Jorg giving it straight.

Dont imagine Andrew Hood getting many team winter training camp invites after that but well done.

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:

Jorg giving it straight.

Dont imagine Andrew Hood getting many team winter training camp invites after that but well done.

Can't think of anybody with that name could be wrong mind.

Are you thinking of Scott Sunderland?

Re:

Benotti69 said:

Jorg giving it straight.

Hoody agrees a bit with Rory
https://twitter.com/EuroHoody/status/734824323140177920

Scott Sunderland not Sutherland
I know that would´ve been nice, every occasion is fine to blame them, but this time Sky has no fault ;)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

snccdcno said:
Benotti69 said:

Jorg giving it straight.

Can't think of anybody with that name could be wrong mind.

Are you thinking of Scott Sunderland?

Cheers for the answer

May 26, 2010
Visit site

pastronef said:
Benotti69 said:

Jorg giving it straight.

I know that would´ve been nice, every occasion is fine to blame them, but this time Sky has no fault ;)

Not blaming, asked a question.

Benotti69 said:
pastronef said:
Benotti69 said:

Jorg giving it straight.

I put ;) the wink

May 26, 2010
Visit site

pastronef said:
Benotti69 said:
pastronef said:
Benotti69 said:

Jorg giving it straight.

I put ;) the wink

I forgot mine :D

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Sutherland rode Rabo Conti for 3 years (02-04), then first year pro in 05 on Rabo tested positive. If dope tests are just IQ tests... probably nuff said about Rory's intelligence. Only been back on a Pro Tour team since 2013, but has no problem beaking off about how things have changed. Uh huh.

Benotti69 said:
pastronef said:
Benotti69 said:

Jorg giving it straight.

Yeah, but Bennoti, even if the name was Suntherland it wouldn't make it the Father.

The guy never even rode for sky so on this issue, it was a really good opportunity to actually have a thread about some of the other cheats without making it about Sky. Shame it was wasted.

Positive news though that Sutherland has deleted his twitter account. Means there would have been some blow back larger than just the usual twitter crowd.
Scum of the earth this guy.

It was an impressive tweet, full omertà applied, Valverde would have blushed!:

2u40duc.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
42x16ss said:
thehog said:
It was an impressive tweet, full omertà applied, Valverde would have blushed!:

2u40duc.jpg
He's forgotten that he's not beating up on Conti and NRC riders in North America anymore I think.

Sutherland has also defended Nathan O'Neill and Floyd Landis (pre confession).

you're not in kansas anymore dorothy