• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kimmage on Contador

A

Anonymous

sniper said:
me neither

EDIT: found it. In the middle of Part 2 (Thursday) Minute 24.

Ive chopped the audio out, just uploading it now as a seperate 7minute section. Make life a bit easier.

A

Anonymous

"The guy deserves nothing... good riddance to him."

Awesome. Kimmage would be an excellent replacement for McQuaid at UCI. A way forward perhaps.

Seems fairly likely that the ban will be increased to 2 years. I was actually surprised that spain suggested a ban at all. I think it is a fair bet that the UCI is going to hand him 2 years. Does anyone know when the UCI makes their decision?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Kimmage says he wants Nicholas Roche to do a piece a la his Irish Independent newspaper diaries saying good riddance to Contador the doper....two chances, no hope and lots of dope.

i reckon he considers Roche a hypocrite for his ride pure stance yet maintaining his silence

the program tried to get Roche on but he was too busy....:rolleyes:

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
"The guy deserves nothing... good riddance to him."

Awesome. Kimmage would be an excellent replacement for McQuaid at UCI. A way forward perhaps.

Excellent work by Kimmage, it now appears to me that Lance 8 and 9 are a true reality. I never would have believed that PK could join our side. Go Lance!

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
offbyone said:
Seems fairly likely that the ban will be increased to 2 years. I was actually surprised that spain suggested a ban at all. I think it is a fair bet that the UCI is going to hand him 2 years. Does anyone know when the UCI makes their decision?

The UCI does not make a decision on the sanction - that is up to the Spanish Fed (RFEC) to do.

The UCI and/or WADA can appeal to CAS if they feel the judgement is too lenient.
Also Contador can appeal to CAS if he feels it is too harsh - which is whar he has said he will do.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Kimmage says he wants Nicholas Roche to do a piece a la his Irish Independent newspaper diaries saying good riddance to Contador the doper....two chances, no hope and lots of dope.

i reckon he considers Roche a hypocrite for his ride pure stance yet maintaining his silence

I called 'newstalk' as in the piece it said PK might be back to do another segment today (he isn't) and I suggested they contact Nicolas for a comment.

I was told they did contact him ..... and he refused to go on air.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

nice post. I am going to use part of it for my signature. Hope you do not mind?

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree 100% with PK. Contador doped, and has been doping.

Good Riddance!

I also have to agree with his comments about Andy S. ......why would he step forward and support a man who has clearly doped? Any clean rider would be ****ed.....yet Andy seems content enough. So Andy is doped.....or just plain stupid.

Contador.........the best thing for the sport is if he just disappears.

As Jan U. said "If you can put one and one together......"

Dr. Maserati said:
I called 'newstalk' as in the piece it said PK might be back to do another segment today (he isn't) and I suggested they contact Nicolas for a comment.

Geezus mate ease up.

Roche is not spokesmen. He doesn't have to comment. He rides clean. That's his statement and that's good enough. This is not his show. Paul should know better.

thehog said:
Geezus mate ease up.

Roche is not spokesmen. He doesn't have to comment. He rides clean. That's his statement and that's good enough. This is not his show. Paul should know better.

If you were clean you wold scream with anger that these guys are taking your prize money and glory. If you were clean.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Digger said:
If you were clean you wold scream with anger that these guys are taking your prize money and glory. If you were clean.

or perhaps you wouldn't if you know what happened to Simeoni and Bassons.

Skandar Akbar

BANNED
Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Digger said:

They will not act ****ed because it brings more heat on them. By supporting AC Schleck does not have to answer how, if he was clean, could he arguably ride stronger than AC.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Geezus mate ease up.

True - but his name was brought up in the piece and he should be (and was) offered the right to reply. So, why refuse to comment on a rider (Contador) getting suspended?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:

PK is due to be on setanta this evening (Fri) as one of the newstalk team commented he would be on at the end of interview.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/

22:00 GMT iTalkSport with Eoin McDevitt

if i rode a GT for 3 weeks, suffered and then found the guys ahead of me cheated i would be fuming and out loud.

Roche didn't have a problem fuming at John Gadret in a newspaper why not dopers.

His father commented about Greg Lemond having to wait for Hinault during a TdF and Roche Snr's comment was he NEVER would have waited for his team mate.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
ezine_pics_092605_books.jpg

TRENDING THREADS