Klöden

May 3, 2010
2,662
0
0
If ever reminder was needed of how dirty the sport still is then watching the 96 year old Kloden partying like it is 1999 is the ultimate middle finger to anti-doping.

Not that any journalists are going to be asking him about Freiburg, T-Mob, Ferrari
 
May 3, 2010
2,662
0
0
You would almost think that Hog was goading the UCI and taking the **** with Kloden suddenly rediscovering his climbing and TTing, winning stages and stage races after 6 years.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
roundabout said:
Apart from being old and riding for the Hog there's nothing particularly improbable about his performances.

At least it seems that he gets tested often enough.
It only suggests that new masking agents and perhaps new juices are circulating currently.

It also reaffirms that ex-riders (Riis/Bruyneel/Vaughters) are on top of the food/juice chain.

And last but not least, it confirms that an old timer's concern about polishing his bankaccount before he retires is much bigger than his concerns about being caught.
 
Nah, as far as Klöden himself is concerned, this just confirms he has to sign a new contract and has absolutely no professional shame. He doesn't need any fancy new doping to do what he's doing, he just needs the usual Bruyneel stuff plus the capacity to actually give a damn.
 

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
376
1
0
Mrs John Murphy said:
The other guy who seems to have found the fountain of youth is Horner...
Keeps EPO in his fridge, we've heard.

Anyone want to ask why his SO left?
 
Feb 4, 2011
18
0
0
meh

How is Klodi's performance surprising in any manner? He has consistently performed at a top level for a decade now. His climbing is solid, his TTing is solid, plus his class and panache is solid. It's surprising to you somehow that he out TTed Samu and Purito? come on
 
Apr 8, 2010
1,257
0
0
Mrs John Murphy said:
You would almost think that Hog was goading the UCI and taking the **** with Kloden suddenly rediscovering his climbing and TTing, winning stages and stage races after 6 years.
He climbed pretty well in the '09 tour.

edit: and btw, isn't this kind of "some rider won a race, clearly he doped"-thread getting a bit old?
 
Txapeldun said:
How is Klodi's performance surprising in any manner? He has consistently performed at a top level for a decade now. His climbing is solid, his TTing is solid, plus his class and panache is solid. It's surprising to you somehow that he out TTed Samu and Purito? come on
I think the Mrs' point is that Klöden is returning to levels of performance which he achieved when we know he was doping.

Klöden had a bad year last year, he often does. Maybe 2010 was nothing Clinic related, but maybe he geared down, only to come flying out of the blocks in 2011.

I am a big Klöden fan, but the chances he is clean in 2011 are slim.

My point is that I don't care, and hope he's up there climbing in the Tour with similarly suspicious characters like Schleck. He is a veteran of the sport and knows how the game works, it just depends on his ambition. He is a "lost cause" as far as anti-doping goes.
 
Dec 7, 2010
5,507
0
0
Ferminal said:
He is a veteran of the sport and knows how the game works, it just depends on his ambition. He is a "lost cause" as far as anti-doping goes.
That's what I find so intriguing about Koldi. That guy "knows" cycling better than perhaps anyone—the oracle of the peloton. Tons of experience at all levels, and he's ridden beside both Jan and Lance. That puts him into very exclusive territory.

If it's happened, he's either heard about it or seen it for himself.
Oh, the stories he could tell! :eek:
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Mrs. Murphy,
Can you please show me proof that Kloeden, Horner or any of the Radioshack riders are under the influences of PEDs in 2011.
I hope that you and Mr. Murphy are able to reconcile your differences.
Flicker
 
May 3, 2010
2,662
0
0
Granville57 said:
That's what I find so intriguing about Koldi. That guy "knows" cycling better than perhaps anyone—the oracle of the peloton. Tons of experience at all levels, and he's ridden beside both Jan and Lance. That puts him into very exclusive territory.

If it's happened, he's either heard about it or seen it for himself.
Oh, the stories he could tell! :eek:
Let's not forget that Kloden is perhaps the last of the GDR era riders riding so I am sure he could tell some tales going back to his very earliest days in the sport.

He makes Ricco seem straight-edge.

It's certainly an interesting career resurrection, and pretty amazing given the teams that he has ridden on that he hasn't been popped yet.
 
Jul 15, 2010
464
0
0
flicker said:
Mrs. Murphy,
Can you please show me proof that Kloeden, Horner or any of the Radioshack riders are under the influences of PEDs in 2011.
I hope that you and Mr. Murphy are able to reconcile your differences.
Flicker
Also, can someone show me proof Jimmy Hoffa is dead? Because if you can't he must be alive somewhere.
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Zweistein said:
Also, can someone show me proof Jimmy Hoffa is dead? Because if you can't he must be alive somewhere.
Let me say this;
Horner has won two races in my area, Sea Otter and TMobile SF.
Insane steep pitches, particularly in SF, inhumane climbs. Seems to be Chris's cup of T.
Kloeden has been twice 2nd in LeTour. He is a race specific rider like Lance, LeMond, A. Schleck.
He rides a very light race schedule. Thusly he might be less burned out then some other riders such as Boonen, who rides everything.
To say Kloeden is doped right now, hmm I have suspicions but no more than other rider. It is a possibility, same with Chris. To make a blanket statement such as Kloeden Uber doper wins Pais Vasco 2nd in Paris Nice age 35, is a cruel, biased statement. We need proof to make that statement. The same who say Radioshack all doped or Vaughters faux anti doper, we need proof. I am as admantly anti doing as anyone, but proof is needed before the strong accusations.
 
flicker said:
....Kloeden has been twice 2nd in LeTour. He is a race specific rider like Lance, LeMond, A. Schleck.
He rides a very light race schedule. Thusly he might be less burned out then some other riders such as Boonen, who rides everything.
1. Lemond wasn't race specific over his career. I used to think the same thing until I ran across some old classics footage with LeMond in the thick of the battle.

2. Kloden clobbered everyone yesterday. It was extraordinary. Is Kloden doping? Dunno. His history suggests he may well be.

3. This "proof" you and others demand in order to maintain the myth request is never well defined. Please specify the kind of proof you want.

If there's new PED's in the peloton, we'll see more breakout performances. I think that's the thing to watch for.
 
May 3, 2010
2,662
0
0
DirtyWorks said:
1. Lemond wasn't race specific over his career. I used to think the same thing until I ran across some old classics footage with LeMond in the thick of the battle.

2. Kloden clobbered everyone yesterday. It was extraordinary. Is Kloden doping? Dunno. His history suggests he may well be.

3. This "proof" you and others demand in order to maintain the myth request is never well defined. Please specify the kind of proof you want.

If there's new PED's in the peloton, we'll see more breakout performances. I think that's the thing to watch for.
The way races are going this year it suggests that some teams: Cack, Saxo, HGH, Leopard are well ahead of the curve.

Didn't Offredo accusing Kloden of charging?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY