• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EOLO-Kometa

Miguel Angel Ballesteros
Date of Birth: 23rd July 1996
Nationality: Spain
Notable results:
11th U23 Nats RR 2015
13th U23 Nats RR 2017

Juan Camacho
Date of Birth: 24th July 1995
Notable results:
1st Junior Nats ITT 2013
2nd U23 Nats ITT 2014
4th U23 Nats ITT 2015
4th U23 Nats ITT 2017

Isaac Cantón
Date of birth: 13th June 1996
Notable results:
1st U23 Nats RR 2017
5th U23 Nats ITT 2016

Patrick Gamper
Date of birth: 18th February 1997
Nationality: Austria
Notable results:
1st stage 6 Tour of Serbia 2016
2nd stage 5 Tour de l'Avenir 2017
3rd Int. Raiffeisen Grand Prix Judendorf/Straßengel 2017
6th U23 European Championships ITT 2017

Michele Gazzoli
Date of birth: 4th March 1999
Nationality: Italy
Notable results:
1st Junior European Championships RR 2017
3rd Junior World Championships RR 2017
2nd Ronde Van Vlaanderen Juniors 2017
2nd Piccola SanRemo 2016
3rd Ronde Van Vlaanderen Juniors 2016
13th Paris-Roubaix Juniors 2017

Awet Habtom
Date of birth: 1st January 1998
Nationality: Eritrea
Notable results:
8th La Tropicale Amissa Bongo 2017
24th Tour of Qinghai Lake 2017

Kevin Inkelaar
Date of birth: 8th July 1997
Nationality: Netherlands
Notable results:
12th Giro Ciclistico della Valle d'Aosta Mont Blanc 2017

Matteo Moschetti
Date of birth: 14th August 1996
Nationality: Italy
Notable results:
1st U23 Nats RR 2017

Wilson Estiben Pena Molano
Date of birth: 7th April 1998
Nationality: Colombia
Notable results:
-
Michel Ries
Date of birth: 11th March 1998
Nationality: Luxembourg
Notable results:
5th E3 Harelbeke Juniors 2016
5th Gent-Wevelgem Juniors 2016
19th Tour de l'Avenir 2017

Diego Pablo Sevilla
Date of birth: 4th March 1996
Notable results:
3rd Junior Nats RR 2017
19th Liège-Bastogne-Liège U23 2017
25th Vuelta a la Rioja 2016

DUO_gd5XkAAhPDl.jpg

Preliminary schedule:
31 Jan - 4 Feb: Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana (2.1)
8 Feb - 11 Feb: Tour de la Provence (2.1)
17 Feb - 18 Feb: Tour du Haut Var (2.1)

7 Aug - 11 Aug: Vuelta a Burgos (2.HC)

Also they will race in Turkey and Greece as well as several races in Italy. Of course a big part of their schedule will consist of Spanish races.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re: Polartec-Kometa

Valenciana line-up

BALLESTEROS Miguel Angel
CAMACHO DEL FRESNO Juan
GAMPER Patrick
GAZZOLI Michele
INKELAAR Kevin
MOSCHETTI Matteo
RIES Michel

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Kind of dislike the parity in nationalities to be honest. Would've appreciated the project even more if there were more Spanish guys. Let's hope they give us some show.

A nice mix of nationalities. Truth to be told I know nothing of these riders, but since its Contador's team, I will probably try to follow it a bit. Im sure LF will try to update this thread when something great happens for the team, so that will be my source of information.

I know Inkelaar from his LTS days. He had a difficult first year in the u23 ranks, but showed last year in the Tour de Savoie & Valle d'Aosta as Lambrechts and Vanhouckes dom that he has the talent.

Gamper had the yellow jersey in the Tour de l'Avenir last year for a day or two (?). I also remember him being close to a solo win in one of the Italian end of the season classics.

Reis was pretty good in the Tour de l'Avenir aswell as Squire said

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Habtom is a big talent, he was 7th in the MJ ITT without really working much on his position or having a great bike, so he's got a great engine.
Last year he ws also able to survive the Giro del Trentino, his first stage race in Europe, when it was freezing cold, near -10° in the morning on a few stages and on the final stage he finished in a group with guys like Cataldo, Roy and Cattaneo, for a such a young African rider who rode his first stage race against the pros in Europe, against such a strong field and with really low temperatures, he did really well.

Re: Polartec-Kometa

fauniera said:
Is it really a good idea to put 18 year olds like Gazzoli into races with pros? I know he is talented, but that is too early imo.
I tend to agree, the level in Valencia should be fairly high with 11 WT teams. I was thinking maybe a race like Coppi e Bartali (just an example) could be decent for him as it usually only has 2 or 3 WT teams and many Conti teams. But we'll see.

Re:

Squire said:
IIRC, Michel Ries was the best 1st-year after Hirschi in l'Avenir. That should count for something.
Samamba said:
I know Inkelaar from his LTS days. He had a difficult first year in the u23 ranks, but showed last year in the Tour de Savoie & Valle d'Aosta as Lambrechts and Vanhouckes dom that he has the talent.

Gamper had the yellow jersey in the Tour de l'Avenir last year for a day or two (?). I also remember him being close to a solo win in one of the Italian end of the season classics.

Reis was pretty good in the Tour de l'Avenir aswell as Squire said
Mayomaniac said:
Habtom is a big talent, he was 7th in the MJ ITT without really working much on his position or having a great bike, so he's got a great engine.
Last year he ws also able to survive the Giro del Trentino, his first stage race in Europe, when it was freezing cold, near -10° in the morning on a few stages and on the final stage he finished in a group with guys like Cataldo, Roy and Cattaneo, for a such a young African rider who rode his first stage race against the pros in Europe, against such a strong field and with really low temperatures, he did really well.

Great teamwork!

Re:

Squire said:
That's a proper baptism of fire for Gazzoli. Straight from the juniors and racing Valverde straight away.

I am looking forward to his debut, I think hè is the most talented one from this years squad. He is young ofc but if he can make it to the sprint hè might actually be able to get a nice result in this sprint field

In the end Moschetti was the team's highest finisher in 15th place. Gazzoli was 21st.

15 MOSCHETTI Matteo Polartec-Kometa +0
21 GAZZOLI Michele Polartec-Kometa ,,
79 BALLESTEROS Miguel Angel Polartec-Kometa ,,
120 GAMPER Patrick Polartec-Kometa ,,
121 INKELAAR Kevin Polartec-Kometa ,,
124 CAMACHO Juan Polartec-Kometa ,,
135 RIES Michel Polartec-Kometa ,,

DU4sodqXUAEMOPG.jpg

Very nice result for Ballesteros and Ries in this tough stage. Finished right at the front of the peloton. It seems like Patrick Gamper might have abandoned, a loss for the TTT ( ;) )

28 BALLESTEROS Miguel Angel Polartec-Kometa 2:28
31 RIES Michel Polartec-Kometa ,,
130 MOSCHETTI Matteo Polartec-Kometa 12:32
131 GAZZOLI Michele Polartec-Kometa ,,
139 INKELAAR Kevin Polartec-Kometa ,,
147 CAMACHO Juan Polartec-Kometa 12:33

DU5KIQ8XkAIUsCv.jpg

TRENDING THREADS