• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EOLO-Kometa

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Polartec-Kometa

Nice result for Ballesteros!

27 BALLESTEROS Miguel Angel Polartec-Kometa 1:38
46 RIES Michel Polartec-Kometa 3:48
97 MOSCHETTI Matteo Polartec-Kometa 13:26
103 INKELAAR Kevin Polartec-Kometa 15:09
116 GAMPER Patrick Polartec-Kometa 15:21
156 CAMACHO Juan Polartec-Kometa 24:31
161 GAZZOLI Michele Polartec-Kometa 24:55

After Valenciana, PCS shows the team's next two races as Tour de Provence and Tour de Haut Var. I'm wondering is the team going to do U23 races as well as pro events this season? If they are, this block of pro racing could leave them in really strong shape for the start of the Italian one-day races in late March/early April...

Also, there is a provisional team up for Haut Var on PCS with a rider named Diego Lopez from Mexico on the team. Have they made a last minute signing or is this an error on PCS' part? Looks to me like they have him confused with Diego Pablo Sevilla

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re:

JoeD1997 said:
After Valenciana, PCS shows the team's next two races as Tour de Provence and Tour de Haut Var. I'm wondering is the team going to do U23 races as well as pro events this season? If they are, this block of pro racing could leave them in really strong shape for the start of the Italian one-day races in late March/early April...

Also, there is a provisional team up for Haut Var on PCS with a rider named Diego Lopez from Mexico on the team. Have they made a last minute signing or is this an error on PCS' part? Looks to me like they have him confused with Diego Pablo Sevilla
yes, PCS seem to have got that wrong
from the Haut Var website
http://www.tourduhautvar.com/fra/2018/12;coureurs_engages.html

For all races it is always worth checking an additional source aswell as PCS
http://www.cyclingfever.com/startlist.html

Re:

JoeD1997 said:

They probably will be racing U23 races, but their complete schedule hasn't been announced yet. And yes, Diego Lopez is definitely supposed to be Diego Sevilla :)

A very satisfactory first pro race for the boys, the competition was tough but on each stage they could score a good result. 15th for Moschetti on stage 1, 28th and 31st for Ballesteros and Ries om stage 2 (among the first of the peloton, Ballesteros almost made it over the top with the best), 17th in the TTT ahead of teams of similar strength like Inteja and Israel Cycling Academy, despite suffering two crashes. 27th for Ballesteros on yesterday's tough finish, and today as the cherry on top, 11th for Gazzoli in a tricky sprint. Not bad for the youngest squad in the race! I'm hoping they can keep this up in the French races that are coming up.

DVS3BwHVoAAPE56.jpg

First sighting of Estiben Peña - 3rd from right first row. Still 1 rider missing, Awet Habtom
There are some big boys in the junior team???

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
line up for Tour Cycliste International La Provence
151 MOSCHETTI Matteo
152 GAMPER Patrick
153 RIES Michel
154 INKELAAR Kevin
155 CANTON SERRANO Isaac
156 CAMACHO DEL FRESNO Juan
157 SEVILLA Diego Pablo

Re: Polartec-Kometa

hfer07 said:
Kudos to Alberto & Basso for making the team a reality. Wish them great success and a prosperous future :)

When I first saw this time being setup I thought small fare, but Polartec is a huge sponsor really in the bigger picture and could easily be a sponsor at WT level.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
2nd pro race and again a great showing :)

Stage 2 MTF Ballesteros 22nd Ries 23rd
Stage 3 sprint Ballesteros 13th and a very strong breakaway attempt by Juan Camacho, caught in the final km https://twitter.com/Alpe__dHuez/status/962699372705255424
Overall best rider is Michel Ries in 18th place
2 days in the BOTD earned Diego Sevilla the KOM jersey :)

DVxMFcCWsAEcPz5.jpg

They are doing well and have some promising riders. It seems Ivan Basso is a great boss and Jesus a great driver :lol:

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Moschetti is on fire. Another win today, GP Rhodes, ahead of Maronese.
Stage 2 of the Tour of Rhodes is for Moschetti as well, Diego Sevilla finished 4th. So far Moschetti is outdoing Gazzoli in the sprints, but obviously he's older and Gazzoli has mainly been crashing so far this year.

I'm guessing we won't see Moschetti on the team in 2019

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
LaFlorecita said:
Moschetti is on fire. Another win today, GP Rhodes, ahead of Maronese.
Stage 2 of the Tour of Rhodes is for Moschetti as well, Diego Sevilla finished 4th. So far Moschetti is outdoing Gazzoli in the sprints, but obviously he's older and Gazzoli has mainly been crashing so far this year.

I'm guessing we won't see Moschetti on the team in 2019

Yeah, I agree. He’s as good as gone unless he has a catastrophic loss of form. Four UCI ranked wins already is very good and as he had a stagiare gig last season he’s already on the bigger teams radar. Somebody will give him a chance.

It’s great for Polartec to have a guy riding this well this season. Must be a big boost to morale in a new team full of kids to have early wins rolling in.

TRENDING THREADS