• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EOLO-Kometa

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just read that. Good for him but not that good for our team. Was counting on him being one of the major stars next year.
Hopefully they have some exciting reinforcements to be announced soon.

This is how it currently stands:

In:
Sergio García (Kometa U23)
Alejandro Ropero (Kometa U23)
Alessandro Fancellu (Kometa U23)
Erik Fetter (Pannon Cycling Team)

Staying:
Márton Dina

Out:
Juan Pedro Lopez (Trek-Segafredo)
Michel Ries (Trek-Segafredo)
Stefano Oldani (Lotto-Soudal)
Michele Gazzoli (Team Monti)

Unknown:
Samuele Rubino
Antonio Puppio
Diego Sevilla
Juan Camacho
Daniel Viegas
Isaac Canton
José Antonio García

Don't think we'll see anymore stepping up from the U23 team. Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple Italians joining like in earlier years, but so far it looks a bit underwhelming.

José Antonio García has confirmed he's staying with the team. He suffered from mononucleosis this year but seems to be fully recovered.
The team also announced the signing of Mathias Larsen from Denmark. Really odd signing, I can't find any particularly interesting results except his 3rd place in Paris-Roubaix for juniors in 2017.

With Kevin Inkelaar moving from Groupama U23 to Bahrain, we have another former member of the project on World Tour level for 2020. Thinking about our guys in the pro ranks, I remembered Joan Bou. He moved to Nippo two years ago, but as far as I know hasn't been announced anywhere for 2020. He's only 22, younger than some of the boys on our team. Maybe he'll return?

I am reading that Isaac Canton will move to Burgos-BH. He hasn't collected many important results but he always does a lot of work for his teammates. For that same reason I think Juan Camacho would be a good fit for one of the smaller Spanish pro teams. He's turning 25 next year so perhaps a bit old for our "youth" team, and he doesn't have any notable results, but he has a big engine.
Still no news on new incoming transfers.

In:
Sergio García (Kometa U23)
Alejandro Ropero (Kometa U23)
Alessandro Fancellu (Kometa U23)
Erik Fetter (Pannon Cycling Team)
Mathias Larsen (Team Waoo)

Staying:
Márton Dina
José Antonio García

Out:
Juan Pedro Lopez (Trek-Segafredo)
Michel Ries (Trek-Segafredo)
Stefano Oldani (Lotto-Soudal)
Michele Gazzoli (Team Monti)
Isaac Canton (Burgos-BH)
??? - Samuele Rubino (NTT Continental) - ???

Unknown:
(Samuele Rubino)
Antonio Puppio
Diego Sevilla
Juan Camacho
Daniel Viegas
Isaac Canton

Reading some really strange news/rumours. The team's Hungarian riders, Martón Dina and Erik Fetter, could join Androni if the team gets an invite to the Giro. I don't really see why Kometa would agree to it, perhaps their Hungarian backers are forcing their hand?

I think we can safely conclude now that there won't be another 'mystery' transfer to Trek as we speculated, and who knows if or when Ineos will start announcing their transfers.

It was announced today that Patrick Gamper (with the continental team in 2018) will ride for Bora next season. I thought it would be fun to check which former members of the project we'll be able to follow in the biggest races next year.

Enric Mas - Movistar
Matteo Moschetti - Trek
Michel Ries - Trek
Juanpe Lopez - Trek
Stefano Oldani - Lotto
Isaac Canton - Burgos
Patrick Gamper - Bora
Kevin Inkelaar - Bahrain
Joan Bou - Fundacion Euskadi
Alvaro Cuadros - Caja Rural
Fernando Barcelo - Cofidis
??? Carlos Rodriguez - INEOS ???

Have I forgotten anyone?

Last edited:
Regarding Rodriguez's move to Ineos (Automatic translation)

“It is a source of pride for us that one of the most powerful structures in cycling today is one of our riders, because it comes to reward the great work that is being done in the youth category and, in addition, the importance of an initiative such as the Campus Selection that we organize annually. At the Foundation we have set ourselves the objective of training good cyclists and we continue to work. Personally, I would have liked to have been able to count on Carlos for more time in the Foundation’s teams, and that he would have faced some season with our U23 structure, but these are not decisions that are in our hands. For our part, it only remains to wish him the best for his career,” says Francisco Javier Contador, general manager of the sports structures of the Alberto Contador Foundation.

Sounds like the team has some doubts about this move as well

TRENDING THREADS