• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, 27 Feb 2011

Nobody started this one yet? Sticky please, Mods!

Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, Sunday 27 Feb 2011

193km @ 12h00, Kuurne

No (visual) parcours available as far as I can see it.

- Roadbook
- Startlist
- Website
- Live on Sporza.be and probably the usual sites for those outside BE ;)

So, it's the traditional out-and-back followed by 2 laps of the usual Harelbeke-Kuurne circuit.

Bergs:
La Houppe, Kanarieberg, Kruisberg, Oude Kwaremont, Côte du Trieu, Tiegemberg, Nokereberg.

Those are the deets. Last year was hell on the hellingen. Let's talk about this year!

29mlr0y.jpg

[2010 winner Bobbie Traxsel pulls away on Oude Kwaremont. Photo: me!]

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Merci L'arriviste!

mmmmmm I'll pick Pippo Pozzato and Flecha... Betancourt again here with Acqua y Sapone... Hitch will be :confused: again ;)

Made an agreement with the other half to do the Omloop HN only this year. Last year's cyclone on the Kwaremont is still fresh in her mind. :)

So I'll be cheering on this year from the comfort of my old suede armchair with Wuyts and a nice Sint Bernardus 12 (or two) for company. :p

EDIT: Come on Mods, let's have a sticky on this one, eh? :)

A

Anonymous

Profile (possibly)
kbkprof.png

Route (possibly)
kbkroute.png

assuming they are the same route as last year.

2010 highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xT8UUu1wTU

and no need for it to be stickied till the weekend, the thread will be on the front page through posts.. dont panic mr mannering.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
galaxy1 said:
I predict this race won't be as cool as last year.

It won't, the weather really added to the race last year. Was something special, should still be good tho, I hope we can get some lesser known names going for the win again :)

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Sky treating it like they mean it:

Kurt-Asle Arvesen, Michael Barry, Mathew Hayman, Juan Antonio Flecha, Edvald Boasson Hagen, Ian Stannard, Chris Sutton, Jeremy Hunt

Like Omloop that is a frighteningly talented/hard/experienced team, OK, its the same apart from Sutton,but...

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Winterfold said:
Sky treating it like they mean it:

Kurt-Asle Arvesen, Michael Barry, Mathew Hayman, Juan Antonio Flecha, Edvald Boasson Hagen, Ian Stannard, Chris Sutton, Jeremy Hunt

Like Omloop that is a frighteningly talented/hard/experienced team, OK, its the same apart from Sutton,but...
Good strong team! Free role possibly for sutton, try to get in break, if nnt possible lead out man for EBH?

Raceoftruth said:
Good strong team! Free role possibly for sutton, try to get in break, if nnt possible lead out man for EBH?

When I was at the side of the road last year, Sutton had been shelled out the back and he was really struggling, coming to a standstill on the steepest part of the berg. Probably he'd been doing the donkey work with Vigano from the off. Hopefully he'll enjoy it more this year. :)

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Sky could tear this to bits with that lineup, with Grieple and Tyler riding they need to be eliminated.

I fancy Boom for the win despite that but I heard he was sick?! Maybe an outsider like Hunt can do something - Unlikely but you never know.

sublimit said:
Sky could tear this to bits with that lineup, with Grieple and Tyler riding they need to be eliminated.

I fancy Boom for the win despite that but I heard he was sick?! Maybe an outsider like Hunt can do something - Unlikely but you never know.

So after a double podium today: much left in the tank or a good rehearsal?

The Hitch said:
Hushovd has done absolutely nothing this season yet and looked poor in Het Volk.

Seeing as his big career target is a cobbles race, not too far away now, might it be that the rainbow jersey curse is about to strike again?

He's only done one race so far this year in Oman prior to today and he said he felt a lot better today and was happy with his ride given the time of the season. I certainly don't think he looked poor today either. He wasn't the one that looked the strongest by any means but he was active and steadily in the group with the other main monument favourites.

TRENDING THREADS