• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Le Tour on Canadian TV

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Good news for fellow Canadian members! TSN has picked up the broadcast rights for the Tour. I have no idea whether they will get their feed from Versus or (crossed fingers) Eurosport. This of course also means that we'll see the Tour in HD for the first time. Very good news!

A

Anonymous

marinoni said:
Good news for fellow Canadian members! TSN has picked up the broadcast rights for the Tour. I have no idea whether they will get their feed from Versus or (crossed fingers) Eurosport. This of course also means that we'll see the Tour in HD for the first time. Very good news!

versus and eurosport both pick up exactly the same feed.. from the aso. theres no difference visually, just the commentators.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
versus and eurosport both pick up exactly the same feed.. from the aso. theres no difference visually, just the commentators.

Yeah, I wasn't clear, but that's my main point. The idiot twins or David Harmon and Sean Kelly. Real tough choice:rolleyes: Of course, it is possible that TSN may have their own commentators. Alex Stieda did some good work on CBC during the Hamilton worlds. No idea who else would be available. Another great thing about this is that TSN is included in even basic sat/cable pkgs so the race will be available to a lot more people.

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
marinoni said:
Yeah, I wasn't clear, but that's my main point. The idiot twins or David Harmon and Sean Kelly. Real tough choice:rolleyes: Of course, it is possible that TSN may have their own commentators. Alex Stieda did some good work on CBC during the Hamilton worlds. No idea who else would be available. Another great thing about this is that TSN is included in even basic sat/cable pkgs so the race will be available to a lot more people.

Patrick Van de Wille was always good way back when - 1991 and 1992 I think.

I think TSN will likely pipe in the Versus coverage. It would be great to have Harmon and Kelly, but I'd imagine a number of people would wonder where Phil and Paul are.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
marinoni said:
Of course, it is possible that TSN may have their own commentators. Alex Stieda did some good work on CBC during the Hamilton worlds.
That is good news. About time we got it in HD. I'd think that the cost of having people on site in year 1 might be enough to get TSN to pipe in a VS or Euro feed. Agree with you which one I'd rather get. I think TSN shows some VS hockey games so there is probably already a working relationship in place. :mad:

marinoni said:

Hmm, great news for me, as I'm usually travelling at that time and it's hard to find OLN in public places or hotels. But any idea what the broadcast schedule's like? I really liked the 4-5 hours of coverage on OLN, gave me something to mildly pay attention to with a morning coffee and paper. I guess there's not much else going on at that hour, so hopefully the coverage is good...