• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Le Tour winner, Wiggins or Froome?

Which one would you like to see winning Le Tour?

• Christopher Froome

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe that today we saw a poker game from Froome, and a innocent "mistake" that showed a Wiggins not so strong.

In the mountains we saw a very strong Froome, that today was stopped by his team SKY. Leaving the sensation that he could clearly gain time on Wiggins.

Of course SKY will support Wiggins until the end as a leader. But will be Wiggins that the supporters really want to see as winner? Or they would rather see Froome winning?

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
What you guys think, if once Wiggins cracks really (for example like Evans today - but of course we will not know, that at the end he will finish with +1 min or with +11 min behind Nibali), than Froome will have to wait (maybe Wiggins can get through), or he can then go for himself?

vcampbell said:
What you guys think, if once Wiggins cracks really (for example like Evans today - but of course we will not know, that at the end he will finish with +1 min or with +11 min behind Nibali), than Froome will have to wait (maybe Wiggins can get through), or he can then go for himself?

If Wiggins properly cracks Froome will be allowed to ride. He may lose a bit of time before it is decided but nothing that cant be made up in the TT.

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Froome sent out a message that said: Just remember who the strongest guy is in this years TdF. With this he will undermine an eventual win by Wiggo.

To be honest: I thought Froome acted like a d**k today. He has accpeted the role as a domestique and should therefore ride as one unless team orders says otherwise. With the attack, he risked cracking Wiggins and/or help other contenders to gain time on Wiggins. Froome's move today might also create a tense atmosphere in the team, which is not good when harmony in the team is a key to success.

But that's my view other people are probably mad that Sky didn't let Froome contiune his attack.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Montanus said:
Froome sent out a message that said: Just remember who the strongest guy is in this years TdF. With this he will undermine an eventual win by Wiggo.

To be honest: I thought Froome acted like a d**k today. He has accpeted the role as a domestique and should therefore ride as one unless team orders says otherwise. With the attack, he risked cracking Wiggins and/or help other contenders to gain time on Wiggins. Froome's move today might also create a tense atmosphere in the team, which is not good when harmony in the team is a key to success.

But that's my view other people are probably mad that Sky didn't let Froome contiune his attack.

I think you are wrong here. Before the attack we could clearly see that Froome and Wiggins talked about something (and maybe with the team too). I'm almost sure (seeing that their every move comes from the radio), that Wiggins and the team told Froome to attack, maybe he can gain more time on Evans, and on Nibali too, but they never counted, that Wiggins will be gapped be the others too. So they warned Froome, that the captain is in trouble, so he need to stop.

vcampbell said:
I think you are wrong here. Before the attack we could clearly see that Froome and Wiggins talked about something (and maybe with the team too). I'm almost sure (seeing that their every move comes from the radio), that Wiggins and the team told Froome to attack, maybe he can gain more time on Evans, and on Nibali too, but they never counted, that Wiggins will be gapped be the others too. So they warned Froome, that the captain is in trouble, so he need to stop.

I actually think the idea was to gap Wiggins. I think Froome was meant to jump everyone and force Nibbles and JVDB to keep chasing whilst Wiggins sat on their wheels. Trouble is they wernt as spent as SKY thought and Froome only succeeded in gapping Wiggins (who doesnt respond to changes in pace anyway) and not the other two.

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
vcampbell said:

Hmm, I missed that. Still, they had just worked hard to bring Nibali et al. back, Wiggo didn't look super, and that there was a team order to attack in that situation seems a bit strange to me, too risky imo. But sure, you may be right, and in that case, my post becomes irrelevant.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
There is HOPE:D

Girlfriend of Froome

‏@michellecound
Beyond disappointed…

@michellecound
"Don’t think there are many other pro-riders who’s partners know more about cycling than Chris’s" precisely & I know what happened just then

‏@michellecound
If you want loyalty, get a Froome dog… a quality I value… although being taken advantage of by others!

Froome be a good man and listen the wise word of your girl. She loves you unlike Wiggo:p

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Montanus said:

I think your way of seeing it is a good assessment. Comparing TJVG to Froome, TJ did what he should have done and keep Evans in the race. It it was a mistake by Froome it was a bad one as he should stuck to Wiggins in the first place. TJVG post race interview was all about Evans. Great to hear, shame about Evans though. Froome came across as someone that wanted to go on his own which could have potentially wasted all what his team mates had done before him. Again, these are just opinions of mine :)

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Forunculo said:
There is HOPE:D

Girlfriend of Froome

Froome be a good man and listen the wise word of your girl. She loves you unlike Wiggo:p
All I see there is sour grapes on the part of Froome's girlfriend.

Sky pay Froome to ride as a domestique for Wiggins => Froome rides as a domestique for Wiggins. It really is as simple as that.

It's safe to say that most people would be sacked for ignoring their employers' orders for their own personal gain, Froome deserves no praise for it.

TRENDING THREADS