• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Leadership Styles of GC riders

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Would love to hear what people's opinions are in terms of behind closed doors leadership styles of the various GC contenders and how they treat their teammates and how their team mates see them. My tuppence worth..

Wiggins: probably seen as queen wiggo with egg shells strewn all around him
Contador: probably a good guy but tough
Cuddles: eccentric, hard to fathom
Nibbles: fun to be around
Froome: decent guy but possibly uninspiring
Schleck: oh dear
Rodriguez: disorganised but inspiring

Twas Wiggins who whined that froome, who had been forced to give up his season for queen wigo, didn't do enough and that he felt hurt by froomes behaviour. This despite the fact that froome was his personal slave in that tour and gave up his best chance at tdf glory never breathing a word about his loss.

froome also had to watch thousands of mysoginistic Wiggins fanboys on the internet rip apart his gf for daring to voice an opinion.(something these people think women have no right to)

I think someone has to be some sort of a sociopath to see froome as the ******* in that equation.

Which when we remember previous comments from this poster about hoping certain cyclists break their legs so they have to sit out a few seasons, we know this poster is.

enrecul said:
Would love to hear what people's opinions are in terms of behind closed doors leadership styles of the various GC contenders and how they treat their teammates and how their team mates see them. My tuppence worth..

Wiggins: probably seen as queen wiggo with egg shells strewn all around him
Contador: probably a good guy but tough
Cuddles: eccentric, hard to fathom
Nibbles: fun to be around
Froome: decent guy but possibly uninspiring
Schleck: oh dear
Rodriguez: disorganised but inspiring

I think Berto is very easygoing.

I like Contador and Valverde's style. Their knowledge of bike racing and their personality make them great leaders.

Nibali looks like a solid leader.

Neither Sky rider is a good leader. They have a lot to learn.

Evans is knowledgeable, but he hasn't really had good teams. His personality could be a problem on decisive situations.

Rodriguez is good with teammates, but he lacks good decision making at times.

Wiggins: people say he's funny-in his own British way....
Contador: cool but when is time to work-then is 100% committed
Cuddles: in his own world
Nibbles: going with the mood-but a bit serious.
Froome: seems cool too.
Schleck: when has he been leader?:confused:
Rodriguez: All his ex & current teammates agree: The funniest guy ever-always joking & having laughs
Samu: cool & carefree apparently...

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I have not heard a single (ex) teammate but Lance say anything bad about Alberto, and even Lance seems to have softened a bit judging by what he tweeted during Vuelta :p

What did Armstrong tweet about Contador during the Vuelta?

I do not think anyone could argue that Vino was not the team leader of the decade?
How himself amd Kiser had to slave for Kessiakoff in the high mountians last tour showed what a team player he was, and obviously backed AC through the whole tour 10 even when AC was leaving him.

And it is not like anyone would dare to not do their very best when VIno was at their wheel :eek:

:D:D

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Twas Wiggins who whined that froome, who had been forced to give up his season for queen wigo, didn't do enough and that he felt hurt by froomes behaviour. This despite the fact that froome was his personal slave in that tour and gave up his best chance at tdf glory never breathing a word about his loss.

froome also had to watch thousands of mysoginistic Wiggins fanboys on the internet rip apart his gf for daring to voice an opinion.(something these people think women have no right to)

I think someone has to be some sort of a sociopath to see froome as the ******* in that equation.

Which when we remember previous comments from this poster about hoping certain cyclists break their legs so they have to sit out a few seasons, we know this poster is.

Really????

greenedge said:
I wonder what the next generation of GT riders style will be:
Quintana
Talansky
TJVG
Pinot
???

You know, I am habving a real touch time getting a read on Talansky or TJVG.

What do others think? I know Phinney is not a GT guy, but he seems really cool and down to earth. Not as sure about Talansky or TJVG. It could just be the quotes they've gotten, but Talansky sounds a bit abbrasive sometimes and TJVG a bit entitled (hope I am wrong on both counts).