• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Lesser Known Race Results 2018

samhocking said:
Not announced by UCI, but Brailsford said UCI gave them permission due to circumstances of Aqua Blue suddenly collapsing and Dunbar not having any racing because of it.

Ok, that makes sense. I don’t think it’s unreasonable that the UCI doesn’t want to hamper riders who have found themselves unable to race through no fault of their own, I was just surprised that I hadn’t seen an explanation.

Re:

samhocking said:
I agree, UCI should have announced the reason as it could be seen as favouritism. I believe it applies to all AB riders though, so a good thing to announce I would think?

Yeah, I’ve already seen a few French people complaining about Sky being allowed to break the rules on twitter. It’s a good thing if the UCI are trying to help the riders on a collapsed team and they should be taking credit instead of allowing people to think that they are playing favourites.

I wonder will any of the other AB riders who have been signed be fielded by their teams this season.

I am now looking forward in a kind of horrified way to Sky sending out a race squad consisting only of their 23 and under riders and murdering everyone anyway. Dunbar, Hayter and Donovan are the guys who arrived within the last month. Wait until they put them together with the likes of Bernal, Sivakov, Geoghegan Hart. It’s going to be carnage.

I quite sincerely think that Sky could send such a team to one of the major WT one week races next year and win it not just through Bernal being a freak but in dominant Sky train fashion. Obviously they couldn’t do it in a GT because most of the kids can’t have the endurance and would wilt, but that’s just a matter of time.

Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
DNP-Old said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
DNP-Old said:
This is bad, bad news for Androni.

What?
What what? I'm assuming you know what the Ciclismo Cup is? :eek:

Yes, but I don’t follow its standings. Are Androni now out of the running?
Before yesterdays race, they were 59 points ahead of Bahrain. Of course, Bahrain then finished 3rd and 4th. The last few races of the Ciclismo Cup, like Emilia, Bruno Beghelli and Milano Torino, are also widely in Bahrain's favour. Colbrelli is a certain podium finisher in 99% of the races, while in the remaining races, Nibali and Visconti always do well. On top of that, Mohoric is now in the form of his life. This is a problem for Androni, since the wildcard is only given out to the winner, and isn't automatically rewarded to the first PCT team.

Unless Gavazzi wins and Colbrelli somehow messes up today, it's likely Androni will have to hope for Vegni to come through.

Visconti having closed down Bardet earlier on
didn't have the legs to follow Lobato when he went early
Clipboard.jpg

Nice win JJ Lobato

Zinoviev Letter said:
samhocking said:
I agree, UCI should have announced the reason as it could be seen as favouritism. I believe it applies to all AB riders though, so a good thing to announce I would think?

Yeah, I’ve already seen a few French people complaining about Sky being allowed to break the rules on twitter. It’s a good thing if the UCI are trying to help the riders on a collapsed team and they should be taking credit instead of allowing people to think that they are playing favourites.

I wonder will any of the other AB riders who have been signed be fielded by their teams this season.
giphy-152.gif

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
After Dunbar sat up and went back to the chase, he then spent the rest of the race disrupting the chase and anchoring every attack, to the point that Mohoric started shouting and gesticulating at him.

thank god his name isn't Moscon and italian, the board would be going crazy telling us to get this man out the sport

rick james said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
After Dunbar sat up and went back to the chase, he then spent the rest of the race disrupting the chase and anchoring every attack, to the point that Mohoric started shouting and gesticulating at him.

thank god his name isn't Moscon and italian, the board would be going crazy telling us to get this man out the sport

As far as I’m aware Mohoric neither racially abused him nor took a swing at him.

With around 35 to the finish these have 2 minutes: Nibali, Pellizotti, Pozzovivo (Bahrain Merida), Nairo Quintana, Gaudu (Groupama FDJ), Cataldo, Brambilla (National Italian), Hermans (Israel Cycling Academy), Dunbar (Sky Team) Pauwels (Team Dimension Data), Dancers, Cattaneo, Gavazzi, Masada, (Androni Sidermec), Barguil (Team Fortuneo Samsic), Santaromita, Tizza (Vini Fantini Nippo), G. Martin, Meurisse (Wanty Groupe Gobert).

Not sure if Cataldo is still in the group?