• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 72 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Samamba said:
Doesnt look like Wellens is in great shape tho. He did wat he needed to to, he tried, but just isnt good enough right now.
Stupid move by Campenaerts.
Hot and dry weather Wellens

Still incredibly impressive tho

Meeeh has nothing to do with it. Wellens has been kinda mediocre all year. He just doesnt have the legs. I like that he tried tho. What he did was the only way he couldve possible won the GC.

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Samamba said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
Campenaerts much stronger than expected though.

Yeah sure, way stronger, but what a dumb move.
I'm sure he assumed that Wellens would be able to follow in Evenepoel's wheel.

Yeah, well, not that it matters now cause Victor won the stage.
Wellens just wasn't good enough, a recurring thing this year.

18-Valve. (pithy) said:
tobydawq said:
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Samamba said:
LTS/Wellens made a huuuuge mistake yesterday. Wellens shouldve closed that last 10meters when Philipsen tried to bridge to Evenepoel and Campenaerts instead of playing the Campenaerts card.
I guess it was a "mistake" they made before the race ...apparently they wanted to keep Campenaerts happy and make him an (equal) GC leader along with Wellens.

Not sure it was a huge mistake, though. Wellens should be able to deal with Evenepoel and QS, IMO. Would be almost embarrassing if he didn't win today's stage by a minute or more in this field. Wellens obviously has the form

I guess you didn't watch the Hammer race where he and Van Avermaet were absolutely trashed by Evenepoel.
In the eighties they raced longer ITTs than that Hammer race Evenepoel dominated. Today's stage has decent length and has far harder climbs that suit an "explosive" rider such as Wellens far better . Apples / oranges.

You have to be ****ing kidding me if you think Evenepoel will own Wellens here. Not. Gonna. Happen.
It. Happened.

TRENDING THREADS