• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 77 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They must not have watched a lot of cycling. I don't recall many attacks being launched on a final obstacle in a monument just to be easily caught by a group or favourites without many domestiques.

Not sure what you're saying. He attacked out of a small break (I only saw the last 30 km) on flat/rolling terrain. I was certain he'd be swallowed up on the uphill finish. Anyway, it was an exciting finish, as a lot of these "lesser known" races tend to have.

It seems like things are going well for the Primus Classic. Tomorrow, they will have an absolutely astonishing line-up.

In the unlikely event of a bunch sprint we're likely to see Groenewegen, Jakobsen and Ackermann going for the win with Nizzolo, Theuns, Mareczko and Bol also in the mix while Cavendish and Greipel will try to make it into the top 15.

I say it's unlikely because the likes of Stuyven, De Buyst, Neilands, Teunissen and Terpstra are likely to split things up.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, Peter Sagan, Greg Van Avermaet and Mathieu van der Poel will also be there.

Last year some people were up in arms because Paris-Tours changed its identity.

Another race that seems to struggle with its identity is the Gran Piemonte which was flat as a pancake last year and was won in a bunch sprint by Sonny Colbrelli.

This time round, the finish line is situated at the top of the Oropa climb.

Kampioenschap van Vlaanderen 2019
Clipboard.gif

https://ok.ru/videoembed/1434779131496?nochat=1

Reactions: slosada
Now i hope that QS Fanboy Logic acknowledges the blatant motopacing for Steimle today. Was already a joke last time when he only provided one pic and said that Evenepoel got no moto help (not true at all), while they towed the peloton all day (according to him).

Last edited:
Now i hope that QS Fanboy Logic acknowledges the blatant motopacing for Steimle today. Was already a joke last time when he only provided one pic and said that Evenepoel got no moto help (not true at all), while they towed the peloton all day (according to him).
I'm not a DQS fanboy at all and i didn't see this race. And no, Evenepoel did not get motorpacing, unlike Thomas & co. The only joke here is comments like yours.

Reactions: Sandisfan
For me this is the best time of the year, I love those Italian classics, Coppa Bernochi, Coppa Agostini, Giro Toskana, Coppa Sabatini,..... I don't know why they don't get their own threads. Add in races like GP de Wallonie or the Championship of Flandern with the WC week in the end and those are easily the best few weeks of the year cycling wise.

What happened to cause well over half the field to DNF? Were there crashes or were they just all far behind and got in the car?
I think a mix of big selection (when the race went live there already was Lutsenko soloed away and a very reduced group chasing) and the fact that being a loop it's easier be tempted to stop everytime you pass on the finish line if you are minutes behind.

TRENDING THREADS