• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 87 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I am - or at least was at first - actually quite surprised by the time differences in that race. Though, having thought about it I realise there are multiple factors playing in.

1: It's not exactly flat. Guess that's necessary for a not-exactly-sprinter like Mollema to win.
2: It's late in the season, so some riders are obviously more tired than others.
3: The rather large differences in levels. Look! Nothing against Peerapol Chawchiangkwang, but I don't think he's quite Mollema's level.

I am - or at least was at first - actually quite surprised by the time differences in that race. Though, having thought about it I realise there are multiple factors playing in.

1: It's not exactly flat. Guess that's necessary for a not-exactly-sprinter like Mollema to win.
2: It's late in the season, so some riders are obviously more tired than others.
3: The rather large differences in levels. Look! Nothing against Peerapol Chawchiangkwang, but I don't think he's quite Mollema's level.
I'm impressed by Nakane, who finished 6th on this kind of route. He seems to be by far the best Japanese rider on the Nippo VF team, but they still selected other japanese riders for the Giro...

Reactions: RedheadDane
Chrono des Nations

Clipboard.gif

Right, I know Saitama Criterium is a very lesser known race (not even UCI), but I just saw a good "proof" - for lack of a better word - that ASO also has a finger in the game when it comes to the Vuelta; not only are Bernal and Bardet wearing their Tour jerseys, Roglic is wearing the red jersey from the Vuelta. (He obviously missed the memo that only riders with a surname starting with 'B' are allowed to wear GT jerseys.)

Right, I know Saitama Criterium is a very lesser known race (not even UCI), but I just saw a good "proof" - for lack of a better word - that ASO also has a finger in the game when it comes to the Vuelta; not only are Bernal and Bardet wearing their Tour jerseys, Roglic is wearing the red jersey from the Vuelta. (He obviously missed the memo that only riders with a surname starting with 'B' are allowed to wear GT jerseys.)
Why do you need a proof? It's a decade since ASO has bought Unipublic and so the Vuelta has become one of his races.

That's why I inserted the lack of better word bit. I know "proof" isn't exactly the right word to use, but I don't know what other word to use.
But you still don't need any sort of confirmation, when ASO bought Unipublic back in 2008 the deal was publicly announced and since then the Vuelta was listed on the organized events list on ASO websites, it's not something secret that has to be debunked through some covered clues.

Look here, showed on the first row next to the Tour https://www.aso.fr/fr/nos-sports/cyclisme

TRENDING THREADS