• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2024 edition

Page 108 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Albert Withen Philipsen is more of a classics type or is he also someone who will compete in the climbs at some level?
Albert destroyed Seixas, and everyone else (Pericas, Finn, Omrzel e.g.) on just about every climb in Valromey a few weeks ago, with a godawful team as well. Though it was a very weak parcours compared to what it normally serves.

He also was very close to breaking Rates KoM, before Oxenberg did.

Albert Withen Philipsen is more of a classics type or is he also someone who will compete in the climbs at some level?
Hopefully he will be a bit of a WVA type instead. Hype in Denmark will be aboslutely immense which prolly will kill my interest in him, that chauvnistic agenda from commentators and experts always manage to kill it for me. Wonder how people from other countries are dealing with that, I see lots of Belgians etc. strictly rooting for their own countrymen. I find that completely impossible here and usually gravitate away from Danish riders them because I get so annoyed of the hype and focus on them.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Hopefully he will be a bit of a WVA type instead. Hype in Denmark will be aboslutely immense which prolly will kill my interest in him, that chauvnistic agenda from commentators and experts always manage to kill it for me. Wonder how people from other countries are dealing with that, I see lots of Belgians etc. strictly rooting for their own countrymen. I find that completely impossible here and usually gravitate away from Danish riders them because I get so annoyed of the hype and focus on them.
is this view not only valid if you process cycling through media? just ignore tv2 or whatever

also there's endless amounts of nauseating writing about van aert in danish media

GP Industria & Artigianato today Sunday 8th September (1.pro) 196.3 km start 11.30 CET, no TV apparently

Startlist at https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/gp-industria-artigianato/2024/startlist
gp-industria-artigianato-2024-result-profile-n2-5fcb37290d.jpg

UAE over represented as normal plus Pozzovivo, Healy etc.

Looks like Marc has it, what a rider, I will miss his presence on this thread as I imagine he will end up with a program more catered to bigger races but can't wait to see him and Alaphilippe in action for Tudor next year.

Aside from that, another glasses wearer winning in Switzerland, young Dane Theodor Clemmensen.