• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Life just got worse for Armstrong fanboys

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Gee333 said:
Ya know... if I could get someone to sponsor me there'd probably be a lot worse sponsors I could think of than Michelob. Plus I'm sure there are several athletes that are sponsored by companies with products they don't really use, drink, eat, etc.

Hell, my softball team was sponsored by a gun shop! You pay my bill and I'll pimp your product.

Plus, out where I am I've seen Michelob sponsor several cycling events. They seem to be already involved in cycling and just stepped it up a notch.

So really, what's the big deal?

For me, I always thought Michelob as one of the finer 'mass market' (low priced) beers. Lance endorsing them just lowers my estimation of them FWIW. But the mich ultra is for fat (read: middle aged) guys or neurotic thin women who are trying to cut carbs and still enjoy something that tastes a little like beer.

For my money, I'd rather drink a full blooded Mich than these low carb or light beers.

The deal is good for Lance (mo' $ mo' $ mo ' $) and inbev or whoever now owns an-busch. He is still a but!t hole. wuddever.

As for coors, this will probably only intensify their desire to have him associated with their race. To that end, in an indirect way, it's good for cycling.

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
I thought I read somewhere that he also wanted the Colorado Coors Classic back. Isn't coors also a beer? Can he reconcile promoting both the event and another competing beer brand?

He is growing bigger than Inbev. :D

They market it as beer but as best I can tell it's a weak alcohol delivery device. Unless you are going to try one of the smaller or micro breweries do not come to the US for beer. The last time that Canada had a strike in their beer industry and they had to import our beer they nearly burned their own country and waged war against the US for sending them such **** beer.

ggusta said:
For me, I always thought Michelob as one of the finer 'mass market' (low priced) beers. Lance endorsing them just lowers my estimation of them FWIW. But the mich ultra is for fat (read: middle aged) guys or neurotic thin women who are trying to cut carbs and still enjoy something that tastes a little like beer.

For my money, I'd rather drink a full blooded Mich than these low carb or light beers.

The deal is good for Lance (mo' $ mo' $ mo ' $) and inbev or whoever now owns an-busch. He is still a but!t hole. wuddever.

As for coors, this will probably only intensify their desire to have him associated with their race. To that end, in an indirect way, it's good for cycling.

I would rather drink water from the fishtank than any of the insipid Michelob products.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I would rather drink water from the fishtank than any of the insipid Michelob products.

Facepipe,

Please clarify. Earlier I was PM'd that you would rather drink TFF's bathwater than anything. Don't start waffling with this fishtank talk.

Thanks.

ChrisE said:
Facepipe,

Please clarify. Earlier I was PM'd that you would rather drink TFF's bathwater than anything. Don't start waffling with this fishtank talk.

Thanks.

Dear A$$ spelunker,

Are you going to stalk me all over the forum now? Maybe you should find a better outlet for your dissatisfaction with your lot in life, such as sitting on a street corner drinking Firebird.

But lets please try to get this thread back on the topic of why Armstrong is a cheap mercinary SOB.

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
Why not, your mom is a fine looking woman. I heard she's only a few tricks away from getting those teeth fixed too.
But seriously lets keep on topic.

:eek:

Hugh please lighten up and have a Michealprobe on Lance.